• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday I got the rare chance of late to go shoot with extended family and friends. I shot my 1851 Navy over 50 times and my 3rd model Colt dragoon about 40 times. They both performed well and I got to use up bunch of oxidized lead balls. When the snow flies I will cast a bunch of bright and shiny new ones. I also got out my Original Smith Carbine and put 50 rounds thru it. I went home black fingered and smelling like
Black Powder fouling. ‘‘Twas truly a wonderful day.
Old Shepherd
Man, I need a day like that!

Shot my Frontier .50 cal flintlock. Had a great outing, mostly 50 yd work today. Rang the 50 yd gongs many times, and even put 2 shots on my coffee cup lid at 50 yds off hand. Best of all, zero misfires, pan flashes, hangfires, and same flint the whole session. Might be finally getting some things figured out! :)

PhotoFunia-1727026429.jpg PhotoFunia-1727026316.jpg

Ordered a Kibler SMR on ye olde credit card, taking advantage of a $200 sign on bonus for spending in the first couple of months. I'll pay the amount later this week when a check clears and save some money.

Back