• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why a Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really want to order a Kibler kit, but I am waffling between the Woodsrunner and the Fowler. Leaning towards the rifle, a 54 caliber, but can see the utility of a 20ga fowler.

You didn't say what you are going to use it for. I see you're in New Mexico and if for hunting I'd get the rifle since you are probably going to hunt more open country for antelope, mule deer and elk all of which could definitely mean a longer range of 100 yards or so.

I do have a 50 caliber percusion rifle, it is what I am using for my deer hunt next month. I am leaning towards the 54 since I love shooting PRB, and I feel if I ever draw an elk tag, the 54 ball would get the job done with a little more margin for error, with the 50 I would likely use a Maxi for elk just for the insurance.

Back