• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Won the drawings, got cow and doe tags

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpjson

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I learned this week that I was successful in getting an elk B tag and a mule deer B tag. These enable me to take a cow elk and a doe muley in addtion to the bull and buck over-the-counter tags. :grin: Even I should be able to fill a tag this year. Last year I got a muley buck and a calf elk in a special late season hunt, but that was then. In Western Montana we start hunting in late October. No special muzzleloader season, but I usually use one. This year, first year for me to pack a flintlock.

I thought the correct term was flintlock, seems to be over history it was until websites.

can you get over-the-counter doe whitetails up there? Around Ennis I think you can get a whole bunch. And flintlock or rocklock, it is still Old Sparky to me.

Well what ever we are calling it, we best get to the range and get some shooting in. I have shot :redface:ne time this summer. Big garden, and a year with lots of afternoon rain has conspired to keep me off the range.

But in the end it's just being too lazy in the heat. The one time I did get out...between the bugs and a sun so hot my brass primer was nearly too hot to touch. It was not the most enjoyable of outings.

I have set up a range at my cabin, so I can get quite a bit of shooting. Just have to get to the cabin.

Same difficulty's here on the East side. Three of the annual events that I always attend have been washed away by rain and/or flooding :( got to the range yesterday for a bit but that's it for the summer so far. It showed on my targets too! :shocked2:

Leftover list is online!

Do like I do. Squirrels in the back yard using my "super accurate" .32 :haha: and loaded way down so it don't make much noise. No complaints from the neighbors anyhow. Great practice.

Congrats and good for you. Years ago I got drawn on a High country buck tag and a primitive season doe when I was in UT. It would have just about guaranteed a decent buck and a doe because the buck was before the regular season and also overlapped Elk season. Unfortunately I didn't get to use it because I got orders and had to leave.

Best of luck to you.

I have a lot of fun! And the tree rats don't bother my bird feeders.
Honestly, you can barely hear it. I will record it sometime. I upped it from 5 grs to 7 because I was getting misfires. It seems the ball was covering part of the touch hole.

Back