• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Woo Hoo I am a kid again!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelgourmet

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I won my auction! I got my renegade smoothbore! :D
The guy who was selling it said it was in great shape, the pics look it too.
Now the wait for the man in the brown van. This is the most excited I have been about a gun in a long time.
I can already taste the fat doe I intend to shoot with it, and the squirrels, and rabbits. Woo Hoo I am 8 years old again. :haha:
So do any of you have a gun that turned you into a kid again?

I won my auction! I got my renegade smoothbore! :D
The guy who was selling it said it was in great shape, the pics look it too.
Now the wait for the man in the brown van. This is the most excited I have been about a gun in a long time.
I can already taste the fat doe I intend to shoot with it, and the squirrels, and rabbits. Woo Hoo I am 8 years old again. :haha:
So do any of you have a gun that turned you into a kid again?

Yeah...just every one I own...
::

Dick, now that you're only 8 years old again, you're gonna hafta have an adult there to sign for your gun when the UPS guy delivers it! :: :thumbsup:

I won my auction!

Ebay fallacy. You didn't win anything. If you'd won it would have been free. You agreed to pay more than anyone else, is all. The seller won if it went over his reserve.

Anyway. Yippee! If you're gonna spend, that's the stuff to spend on.

Congratulations on the new smoothie.

Enjoy.

PS ~ Guess I'm getting old & cranky. Time to buy a gun. They ALL make me a kid again. ::

Stumpy you are getting cranky! ANYTIME you bring another gun into the house, that is a WIN-WIN situation ANY way you look at it!!!

:thumbsup:

I've aquired two new rifles fairly recently, a custom built .62 Jaeger, and a very nice replica 1861 Springfield...so I must be about THREE again!

Rat

I won my auction! I got my renegade smoothbore! Now the wait for the man in the brown van. This is the most excited I have been about a gun in a long time.

If that ain't bad enough, wait until it comes to your house about 10 minutes before you have to go to work... :winking:

Thunder Ridge Muzzleloading sells .550 roundballs...

Ball & Bullet

Last Thursday I was at Dixon's ML shop and then went to Cabela's at Hamburg, PA. I didn't really want to buy any gun. I guess that's what comes of building my own. I could get pretty excited when I get set up to build a new lock with a wheel in the middle of it. Woo Woo!
God bless.
volatpluvia

Musket Man, I can almost guarantee you that is what will happen. Boy, that will be a very long day at work :cry:

Cool! I know the feeling an the very recent purchase and wait for a T/C New Englander. Ain't blackpowder fun?! I can't wait to hear your stories of trying the new gun. Let us know when the new toy arrives!

I love muzzleloaders, my "modern" guns keep getting less and less attention. I keep selling cartridge guns to have money to buy muzzleloaders. The cool thing about this hobby is the more I get into it, the more history I seem to be learning. If my history teacher had just given me a musket to play with I would have been an A+ student.
I am also learning to be more handy. I just bought a lee production pot, a mould and real black powder. I am learning to sew, how else am I going to make my own possibles bag? Also made my own powder horn. This hobby is great. :thumbsup:
Oh and when I shoot it i'll be here to tell you all how much fun I had. And hopefully next year i'll have my first smoothbore deer photos to share as well. ::

Glad to hear of your good fortune. Of course since you are eight again you will need to have a adult sponsor you for the hunter certification course.

I would say that you will use a 0.535" ball with a 0.017" patch. That combination (0.535 + 2*0.017 = 0.569") with a good lube will give you a reasonable fit in the 0.560 bore of your new gun as the patching compresses slightly.

Back