• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Woodsrunner Matchbox Lid too tight now

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After all the stock and lid staining and finishing work my patch box lid only goes in about 2/3. What is a good way to get it to slide in easier all the way ?
Sand or file the contact points on the lid or the edges of the box itself ?
I did try some light sanding with 220 on the edges of the lid. But, I don't want to go to far for concerns about creating a problem for myself and having to start over with a new lid.
Appreciate your thoughts.

Clean/scrape all the finish out of the track. A 3 corner file is your best bet. Then wax the box and track. Should go all the way on, and not stick anymore.

Latest posts

Back