• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Would you trust these threads?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same thing happen to me with a TC White Mountain Carbine that I bought off a guy several years back. Before shooting it, I replaced the nipple with a brand new 1/4 x 28 Tres Ampco nipple. When I shot for the first time the nipple flew back thru my hair missing my scalp.(thank God) The hammer flew back denting my stock as well.
I ordered a .255 tap and a .260 tap from TOW. I also ordered some new .260 nipples. I used the .255 tap first, followed up with the .260 tap. The new .260 nipples fit great and my WMC shoots great.
This is encouraging to hear. And likely the path I will take. Thank you for sharing your experience!

i would take Rebel Bull up on his kind offer if at all possible ... you certainly want to have the threads recut in any case.

Bast of luck

Latest posts

Back