• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

You KNOW You're A Traditional Muzzleloader...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alden

Cannon
Reaction score
...when you use your percolator to boil more water to clean guns than to make coffee!

:haha:

Keep it going.

When even though your current patch lube, patch size, and powder charge gives you + or - 2 inch groups at 50yards your always thinking about or trying different combo's.

galamb said:
You pause the DVD playing "the Patriot" to see if you can identify the patch box on the Hollywood prop rifle..
:rotf:
Or,
You pause the DVD, and explain to everyone else watching that this is indeed not the correct rifle for the period.

Or that you know that lead doesn't melt that fast when casting balls over a campfire like it did in the Patriot...

when you're leaving the "gun store" empty handed, because the traditional ML's hanging on the walls are only there for "decoration" and not for sale. :shake:

I have a tv/dvd player in my clean shop..When I cast balls/bullets either Last of the Mohicans or The Patriot is playing.. :grin:

When the people I'm hunting with, point at my flintlock rifle and say, what are ya going to do with that? :youcrazy:

When you can almost quote the entire dialogue of Jeremiah Johnson, and your wife asks, why you can't remember to pick up something from the store like she wanted you too!

galamb said:
You pause the DVD playing "the Patriot" to see if you can identify the patch box on the Hollywood prop rifle..

I actually told the wife in the movie theater that the rifle he was carrying looked like a Herschel House rifle, then saw in the credits that his brother made it...

When you talk your nephew into dropping $1200.00 for a flintlock in the white at Dixon's Fair. Dan.

Yep I use far more of my beeswax /lard patch lube on the hands and elbows than on the rifles. :idunno:

When you love the fact you can say "nipple wrench" and "wrinkly balls" in public without fear of a slap! :wink: :rotf:

Latest posts

Back