• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

your forum user name/handle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always been interested in America's history, and spent quite a few years as a member of a regiment involved with re-enacting the American Revolution. A couple of ancestors were involved in our War for Independence, and I have a very strong belief in the founding documents of this country. And, the fact that I get a real kick out of shooting my flintlocks, makes my user name a natural.

My son is also a history buff and flintlock shooter, and my grandson is nearly ready to start hunting with us here in PA. with his, soon-to-be-finished, Dixie Scout flintlock.

brushbuster,
surpriseingly i have been known to make a wager
at times(horses,football,basketball what day it is,stuff like that) i think more people call me snake-eyes or snake than my given name john. :hmm:
snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :)

My wife and I are currently involved in Cowboy Action Shooting. Her real name is Angel, so I came up with her alias Angel O. Mercy right off. I wanted us to have the same last name and futzed around until I came up with Noah. I had given consideration to Harry Clogg, Harry Ashe, Stinky Wizzleteeth, or Noah Natoll, but that wouldn't have matched her name, so those are still up for grabs. :p

I resisted getting a campfire name for years but I eventually relented and got re-christened. I think I was given this handle by Roger Lahti on the Muzzleloaders Emporium.

reading some recent posts such as "musketeers mug" and the one on hobbies got me to thinkin :shake: :rolleyes:
why did you choose your handle and how does it fit you?

Just chose claypipe many a moons ago and it stuck. Used to use a claypipe when I smoked tabacky, have long since gave up the sinful weed.

Just :m2c:

when my wife and i were into sass we went by the handles uf billy jack cass and danny clay allison .she is related to clay allison the famous out law and still uses that handle for one of her e-mail adds.
thanks for all of your replies it has been really interesting and keep posting it actually helps to get to know most of you and gives me a little insight as to who i'm talking or arguing with on this forum :what::thumbsup: :results:

Way back while doing a little flight instruction, one of my students stated that I looked more like the Bald Baron instead of the Red Baron. My head is proof of that.

My "handle" came about by mistake, it was supposed to be "Mouseketeer" but I don't sppeeell too gooud! ::Seriously though, I used to be into ceterfire guns, and didn't have much use for muzzleloaders. That all changed one day about 6 yrs ago, when my buddy bought a Pedersoli Brown Bess. We spent the day out shooting it, and my life was changed forever! :RO: I never have ended up with a musket, so I guess my handle's kinda bogus. I ended up buying my buddy's 20 ga. fowler, which he put together from a TOTW kit (English style) back when he lived in WV. He moved out here and bought the Bess, then was real anxious to get rid of the fowler to pay for more Bess accessories and whatnot, so I got a screamin' deal on it. I figure a fowler is sorta like a "musket lite" ::, so maybe my name isn't so far off. My next purchase is going to be a blunderbuss, so please, fellas, save the handle "Blunderbuss" for me, as I may decide to use it later on! :: Anyhoo, since my love for blackpowder was ignited (lame pun intended) by a musket, I figured using the word "musket" as part of my handle would be a fitting tribute. :thumbsup:

I'm hope'n "SSE" pipes up purty soon to tell us what SSE stands fer,.... way I got it figgered (and I been figger'n fer'a few years now) SSE is sum kind'a "roman numberal" or sumpthin!! :hmm: :: :eek: :haha:

YMHS
rollingb

My dad & I used to debate (argue) if we lived north or south of the line in Indiana where hillbilly's started. He didn't want to be on the south side of the line. As he aged he did finely agree we might be on the line. One of the phrases from south of the line was you had hit something "plumb center". Something I try to do with limited success.

My next purchase is going to be a blunderbuss, so please, fellas, save the handle "Blunderbuss" for me, as I may decide to use it later on!
Well, as ya can all see, I managed to sneak Blunderbuss into ma handle! Ya can all still call me Musketeer, though! :: :thumbsup:

Not only do I want to know what sse stands for but I also want to know where he is from. Maybe we should get the receipt from that patch knife and do some investigating. :haha:
As far as the name, I am not very creative, that would be my wife's gift. A softball coaching friend gave me that handle. It is just a shortened version of my name.
Well sse
Zman

I use "BLAHMAN" because it sounds sorta funny...could be a super hero that has super powers that are sorta just "blah", or it could be because I talk to much: "blah, blah, blah blah blah" or it could be because some of my days are "blah", or I'm just a regular guy, nothin' special, just sorta "blah"...get the picture? I'm just glad I didn't use "HERNIAMAN",...imagine that for a super hero? "Unable to leap any object because of his hernia...IT"S HERNIAMAN TO THE RESCUE (ouch that hurts!)!!!!!

Anyway, I just got a warped sense of humor...hope it don't bother nobody.

Not only do I want to know what sse stands for but I also want to know where he is from.

I think I might have it figgered out,.... SSE is from the NNW (north north/west) wher he was born as a young'n and raised as a child.
All indications suggest, he worked as an apprentice in a patch-knife shop until he was old enuff to recongnize real quality, he then became disgusted with his employer's shody patch-knives.
After reach'n the age of 35, SSE finally struck out for the sse (south south/east), wher he already lives today in his home, bring'n with him a "heritage" most of us strive for but rarely achive.

I hope I got the "dates and directions" correct!! :haha: :haha:

YMHS
rollingb

I started doing (modern) Scottish Clan stuff about 30 years ago, which led me into studying history, which ultimately led me into doing historical re-enactment (10th, 17th & 18th Centuries). My family connection is with Clan Lamont (or Lam

Silverfox guess you can figure most of it. It started out as Greyghost when I was working and just kind of showed up out of nowhere. Then the hair turned from grey to silver and silverghost just did'nt seem right so beening a little on the sneaky side the name turned to Silverfox now if I just keep my hair I won't have to change names again.
Happy Holidays
Fox

Silverfox guess you can figure most of it. It started out as Greyghost when I was working and just kind of showed up out of nowhere. Then the hair turned from grey to silver and silverghost just did'nt seem right so beening a little on the sneaky side the name turned to Silverfox now if I just keep my hair I won't have to change names again.
Happy Holidays
Fox

All is not lost even if you do lose your hair...you could use a name similar to early "handgonnes"...and call yourself "hairgonne" :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Uhmmmmmm, now that I think about it, I'm noticing rain drops get through to my scalp easier than they ever used to
:(

Back