• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED 1836

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullfrog

WVCoalminer
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Would anyone have a ballpark value on this 1836 Harpers Ferry? It is for sale locally for $1800.
1671069337_estatesale23.jpeg
1671069337_estatesale24.jpg
1671069338_estatesale27.jpeg
1671069339_estatesale28.jpg
1671069349_img_5429.jpg

I don't think the price is bad, but the hammer has different patina than the lock plate, so check to see if it's been reconverted from percussion, or if the hammer was replaced. That could effect the value. The rammer is not the original trumpet one that it should have as well. Not a biggie, just something else I noticed. Could have been used in its original flintlock config in the early days of the Civil War.

It's a reconversion. The ramrod is also incorrect, and the stock heavily sanded. I doubt many collectors would have any interest in it other than parts. It's probably a $600 or $700 gun tops.

Back