• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st muzzleloader buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbeaux

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hope this is in the correct thread area....my boy (27 but still my boy) killed his first muzzleloader whitetail.....a nice 10 point buck with a 14" inside spread. He used a T/C Black Mountain Magnum open sights at about 50 yards. Fell in it's tracks. He uses pyrodex pellets and a sabot......I am gonna try to get my first using my T/C White Mountain Carbine......70 grains of FFG and a tight patched .490" round ball. His buck was also his largest rack so far....he is a meat hunter but we have an antler restriction (13") or at least one unbranched antler....will try to post a pic when my daughter in law shows me how...thanks for looking....

rick

Sorry......just a proud dad....Mods please delete entire post/guess it's like the long bow-compound bow-cross bow crowd !!!!

Congrats to your son.Maybe you can convert him to BP and prb. At least he's using a front stuffer.

:thumbsup: Good for your son.Congrats.May his next be with powder and ball.Griz

Congrats to your sons first ML deer.

Make believe you're in Colorado hunting a ML. No scope, no pellets, and no sabots. :wink:

Good for your son. :thumbsup: Hope you do well with your White Mountain Carbine. Larry

Swampy said:
twobarrel said:
Congrats to your son.Maybe you can convert him to BP and prb. At least he's using a front stuffer.
I'll second that. :thumbsup:

Here Here, he's half way there ,you can reasure him that round ball will do the job just fine.

I appreciate the kind words....I am really sorry that I rocked the boat, however, now that he has meat for the year he is gonna try my load of 70 grains FFG and a PRB.....we will practice together off season...I believe he can load up to 110 grains of BP with this rifle....thanks again for putting up with my post...

rick

Latest posts

Back