• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• IMG_20240913_131615617.jpg
    IMG_20240913_131615617.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
That looks like a good knife, Tom. I’m the world’s worst at sharpening knives.

You wouldn’t happen to be a little excited about tomorrow would you?😁
Yessir. It's a Ka Bar small game knife I picked up for a song when I lived and worked near where Zippo, Case and Ka Bar factories were.

Get yourself a Lansky, or a Gatco sharpening set. Easy to use and all your knives will be shaving sharp.

Yep. I'm a bit excited to go. I enjoy squirrel hunting. Just wish it wasn't going to be so warm tomorrow. Morning will be good. Hope there is no fog like this morning.

Yessir. It's a Ka Bar small game knife I picked up for a song when I lived and worked near where Zippo, Case and Ka Bar factories were.

Get yourself a Lansky, or a Gatco sharpening set. Easy to use and all your knives will be shaving sharp.

Yep. I'm a bit excited to go. I enjoy squirrel hunting. Just wish it wasn't going to be so warm tomorrow. Morning will be good. Hope there is no fog like this morning.
I do have a Lansky kit that I’ve forgotten about. I used for fixed flare BH years ago. I’ll try that on some of my impossible to get sharp knives. It’s to my belief that it all begins with the quality of steel the knife is made of.

I hope the weather is good for you tomorrow, buddy. The heat is one thing but wind makes it not doable for squirrel hunting for this ole boy.

I’m rooting for all of you PA boys tomorrow.

I do have a Lansky kit that I’ve forgotten about. I used for fixed flare BH years ago. I’ll try that on some of my impossible to get sharp knives. It’s to my belief that it all begins with the quality of steel the knife is made of.

I hope the weather is good for you tomorrow, buddy. The heat is one thing but wind makes it not doable for squirrel hunting for this ole boy.

I’m rooting for all of you PA boys tomorrow.
Thanks. I'm going even if there are gale force winds🤣

Well on top of being extremely excited for opening day Saturday, I just got a text from my friend who bailed me out and is finishing my flintlock I started. It’s done!!! Going up Sunday after church to pick it up. Pictures to follow boys!!
That's great Jim.
Looking forward to seeing it.
I'm happy for you.

That's great Jim.
Looking forward to seeing it.
I'm happy for you.
Me too. I think its going to be a custom squirrel tool to be feared by our furry little friends. Wont be too long before word gets out "hey, don't tread around JimK's hunting grounds lest ye want your hind end shot off by one of those rock sparking outfits". No doubt, its going to be a fearsome time for those PA squirrels in Jim's neck of the woods.

Me too. I think its going to be a custom squirrel tool to be feared by our furry little friends. Wont be too long before word gets out "hey, don't tread around JimK's hunting grounds lest ye want your hind end shot off by one of those rock sparking outfits". No doubt, its going to be a fearsome time for those PA squirrels in Jim's neck of the woods.
You got that right..

I don’t want to sound too calloused but the facts are, I don’t want anyone touching my wild game meat. Also, I do not trust processors at all. Out of all my life hunting and killing critters, only one deer did I take in. When I went to pick it up, they came out with a small box of meat. Never again.

I absolutely know how my wild game has been handled. The wife and I do it all ourselves.

I know....

Hunting as a group has problems though... I've noticed.

Like the cooking who's cooking all week.

We had a good cook. They had to leave the stand everyday early.

They had to do the shopping.. Everyone's split bill.

Is allot..
I reckon it does, Trigger. I’ve been a solo hunter all my life so I’ll have to take your word on it.

Yup..

Who's hunting what stand field etc 🤔 somtimes it matters.

The bill splitting usually is OK... you save allot of money. Splitting gas alone.

You split the cost of the private farm property etc..

Hunting trip alone or with a friend is cool too.. less problems

I had luck in Michigan by myself meeting people and I got permission from more than one person to hunt there properly.

I was usually with tiny.. big friend of mine. He's not small. They all call him tiny.

Free gift knife from Pheasant forever.

It's a nice knife, i been using one on Pheasant. I might try to get another.

I don't know of any others giving a knife away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240913_190354_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240913_190354_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back