• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We shall see. My guess is, your Crockett stands a good chance of becoming like the guy on the old Maytag Man commercials.
Same here I could never just let my Crockett Rifle sit. Ole Redbone will just have to understand that. Crockett was my first PRB kill and I simply love the dog gone thing.

If y'all want a good laugh over breakfast, put this tracking number in and follow it's route since it left Kibler's:

It was shipped "next day". Notice it got to within 5 miles of my house in HSV before taking off on it's scenic tour of Yankee land.
I shipped 3 items on the same day. One of them went back and forth from Palmetto Georgia and Knoxville Tennessee then stayed at Harrisburg Pennsylvania for 3 or 4 days.

That's cool Hammer.
I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied with it.
My .32 shoots great and it just feels good when carrying it and shouldering it.

What wood did you go with?
Thanks Fred, hope to see mine one day lol. It was a "quick ship" in std maple.

quick ship LOL 😵‍💫

Last edited:
Thanks Fred, hope to see it one day lol. It was a "quick ship" in std maple.
My Colonial is standard maple, it has a good amount of figure to it, I was very pleased with it.
My SMR is walnut, I had 2 sample pieces of walnut that they sent me, I tested different stains and finishes on them, but then the stock came out way different. I'm happy with results but I didn't figure it would be so different.

It's a shooter too. Very happy with the accuracy. I'll be taking to some state land hunting next month.

If y'all want a good laugh over breakfast, put this USPS tracking number in and follow it's route since it left Kibler's:

It was shipped "next day". Notice it got to within 5 miles of my house in HSV before taking off on it's scenic tour of Yankee land.
It must be difficult to have to go through this. Hang in there, Stan. It might make it’s way home early next week. At the very least, my guess is Kibler will make it right, worse case scenario.

FWIW, shipping issues nowadays is the number one reason why I am reluctant to purchase anymore ML’s that has to be shipped.

Number two reason is sellers not properly listing the true condition of a ML.

Last edited:
Same here I could never just let my Crockett Rifle sit. Ole Redbone will just have to understand that. Crockett was my first PRB kill and I simply love the dog gone thing.
My Crockett rifle certainly works for me. Its light and short enough to easily pack up and down the steep grades in these hills. I also find it easy to pack through thick brush. Its never failed to fire. Not even after being out in rain for 6 hours.

With that said, after I get my eyes repaired it will, or should, make it easier to shoot at longer distances. As it is, and has been, squirrel hunting with my Crockett squirrel rifle has been a closer up ordeal due to not being able see the front site well enough. If Im lucky, after both eyes are restored to normal vision, perhaps it will be possible to extend my overall shot distances on squirrels.

There is the possibility that this could go the wrong way as well. Im hoping not.

Last edited:
Yep. The danged thing got to my local p.o. and instead of going out for delivery they shipped it to Buffalo NY 900 miles north. Grrr...

I totally understand your views on shipping ml rifles now, Ed, for sure...
If thats the case then your local post office is at fault. I would be pizzed. My last ordeal was not as bad as your situation but between the shipping issue (due to a lazy delivery person that lied) and misrepresentation of the condition, it was enough for me.

Last edited:
Back