• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Fred.

Indeed, no sense in rushing it. Can’t see squat out of my left eye so I might as well wait until after the 10th when the left eye gets done. If the left eye turns out anything like the right eye, I’ll be good to squirrel hunt after the 11th.

Last edited:
It appears that right eye surgery went well yesterday. I could see fairly well when I got out of surgery. Not great but not bad. Couldn’t help myself so after ai got home I took a peek with Mr. Crockett. I could see the front sight fairly well but the tang peep was a blur.

Had to be at the surgeons office first thing this morning. He checked me out and said everything is good and I’m right where I’m supposed to be at this point. Tested out to 20/40. He said things will slowly improve. Might take 2-3 weeks.

A few minutes ago I thought I’d give it another try so I shouldered Mr. Crockett. I’m pleased to report that both sights are clear even though I’m testing to 20/40, or did earlier this morning. Even though it’s cloudy out, I could clearly see the small pearl bead on my front sight. That’s never happened before. It had to be in sunlight in order for me to see that pearl bead.

Next I grabbed my GPR. Same kind of front sight with a different style peep. Both were basically clear with the peep being a tad fuzzy. It is completely doable, however.

I cannot explain how or why I can see those pearl white front beads now when before it had to be in the sunlight, even though I was testing out to 20/20 with corrected lenses. The only thing I can think of is it had to have been the cataract.

Also, due to not being able to wear glasses with this new lens installed, now lm finding that every time I look at my desktop screen or this cell, my vision in my left eye is obscured big time afterwards. Definitely cataract related. Left eye surgery in 2 weeks.

I hope this information helps anyone that may be experiencing the same issues. I will update as things progress.
HE double hockey sticks YEAH!

Thanks, Fred.

Indeed, no sense in rushing it. Can’t see squat out of my left eye so I might as well wait until after the 10th when the left eye gets done. If the left eye turns out anything like the right eye, I’ll be good to squirrel hunt after the 11th.
He's gonna be a hunting fool for sure.

Back