• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my first two squirrels of the season today with my 25 caliber flintlock. Lots of leaves still on the trees. Hard to get a clear shot.

Attachments

• IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    3.3 MB
Congrats on the kill but what the heck kind of squirrels do you all have in ND? Looks like half fox squirrel and half gray squirrel………It’s a Fray Squirrel by golly! Whoda thunk it?
When I lived in Wisconsin for a few years I had access to some great squirrel hunting. There were grays and Fox squirrels in the same territory. We occasionally killed obvious mixed heritage squirrels. They were always big and the colors were mixed on the bodies. All the squirrels in that area were the biggest I've ever seen.
I'm still hoping for the best in the long run.
It seems like it's going well for you. I'm thinking that you are going to end up with renewed vision.

Been a while, but #20

20241003_175109_copy_458x344.jpg

When I lived in Wisconsin for a few years I had access to some great squirrel hunting. There were grays and Fox squirrels in the same territory. We occasionally killed obvious mixed heritage squirrels. They were always big and the colors were mixed on the bodies. All the squirrels in that area were the biggest I've ever seen.

It seems like it's going well for you. I'm thinking that you are going to end up with renewed vision.

Been a while, but #20

View attachment 353201
Think you've caught the whole tribe Cruiser? Or is the Intel finally out there to avoid your place at all cost?

There's one more of the hard to catch young ones.

Efforts have paid off. I have more pears than ever. Last year I got a total of 5 pears.

Back