• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In terms of the squirrels that like to sneak up from behind.............they are cowards who do not play fair. They sometimes make me wish I had a set of eyeballs in the back of my head.
The last squirrel I shot was on the small size. He came up behind me and stated his mouth, he watched me slowly turn and shoulder the Crockett. He won't bo it anymore.
First week of season I sat in this little opening in amongst the saplings and American Beautiy Berries and felt something moving, it was the vines next to me, I looked up about 4 feet above my head was a squirrel tight roping it across the horizontal vines.

I think it's cool seeing the crazy things they do.

Squirrel Rifle Update #2:

Jax Black I need to finish barrel out for delivery, so I should get that done this evening.

I have a blank rear sight I'm going to make into a peep, that's really the only fabricating left. Maybe darken some screws, etc.

The 600 pound gorilla in the room is the stock: Dang it, will you hurry up and dry already? Sheesh...
View attachment 353849
That is a very nice looking piece of wood. Can't wait to see it when you get her done.

Back