• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I got my deer taken car of I can go back to squirrel hunting.
Right on, emery. Good shot on some fine eating. Congrats.

Unfortunately, the ole gal just informed me that I need to bring in two more deer in oder to get us through the next year. Between squirrel hunting and deer hunting, it’s going to call for some slick balancing out to get them both done.

Unfortunately, the ole gal just informed me that I need to bring in two more deer in oder to get us through the next year.
Well, you poor thing, what with being sent out by the wife to do more hunting. 🤣

My wife wonders how I can spend so much time preparing to hunt and hunting. She's not opposed, just doesn't get it.

Not complaining. I often wonder how she has put up with me for 55 years 🤔

Now that I got my deer taken car of I can go back to squirrel hunting.
Mr. emery,
I am quite jealous of you. To date, you have reported 8 squirrels. Now you get a lovely yearling (I think) and shoot it perfectly high in the front shoulder so it can't run. Next you take a wonderful picture of the deer bathed in warm autumn sunlight combined with your gorgeous flintlock. You live at the eastern end of the Micheaux State Forrest, and I live at the western end. I can't find a squirrel and spent 10 hours in a tree stand yesterday. I didn't see a deer.

Are you dancing around a bon fire at midnight, under a full moon, while shaking a sacred rattle, to honor the woods spirits? Please share your secrets. I am desperate.
Pete

I’m still behind on my deer hunting and I usually don’t take pictures of doe deer, but this is a first for my .54 GPR. It’s a start so maybe I can get back to doing some squirrel hunting, at least a little bit now that I can see a little better.

Pretty good size ole gal for these parts.
Great job there Mr. E-tipp.

Right on, emery. Good shot on some fine eating. Congrats.

Unfortunately, the ole gal just informed me that I need to bring in two more deer in oder to get us through the next year. Between squirrel hunting and deer hunting, it’s going to call for some slick balancing out to get them both done.
Congratulations, me Emery, and ETipp, now, my Crockett has arrived, tell me guys, cleaning acudderments, and where to get it
32 cal, Crockett, jag, worm, puller
Patch puller, is there a lot with all
These??? What cleaning patch size
For the 32 cal?? And you guys favorite, patch, ball, and powder do
Recommend? I have swiss 2f,3f
10 15 20 thou patches on hand need
A good place to start, on the jag
Subject, y'all like button jags or the
Longer jags, and if you might Kno
The thread size of the factory ram rod, and if I haven't ask enought already, the nipple size on this
Crockett? Still in the box, I only
Got it out, and handled it, need to shoot it before I have a spell.

Back