• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well fellas, I’ve been hunting a lot lately. The weather has been great in the mornings ( to warm as of late in the afternoons).

This morning I hunted a new area up the road from home. This is the second time I’ve been in there. I didn’t see a whole lot but I got the three I shot at.

Then drove on up the road a piece and tried a spot I’ve never hunted. I saw a few but nothing close enough. I’m going in there again tomorrow. I want to try it early.

On Sunday I worked on my front sight. I wasn’t happy with the yellow fiber optic I put in it. So I redid it with a piece of red and didn’t fold the metal over it restricting the ability to gather light. What a difference. I can see that sight WAY earlier than before. Quite the game changer.

Now the only thing left to do is cone the barrel. I got a tool from Joe Woods. Just have to do it.
IMG_3945.jpeg

I hope you can get the ideas of what I did with the front blade from these pictures. I groove was dremeled in and epoxy put in the groove and the fiber optic laid in the groove. Also I touched the end of it to a soldering iron to make it bigger. View attachment 357202View attachment 357203
Looks good to me.

Congrats on the squirrels.

Finally some progress. My Swiss powder arrived last night after no less then five delivery date delays. Ready to be sighted in but have family coming up this weekend. Will figure something out…

Crockett is such a sharp looking rifle.

View attachment 357048
View attachment 357049

I have all accessories together except for the brass ramrod. That is on the way but I can certainly get started without it now that I have the replacement TOTW nipple installed. Thanks to all of you for the advice on kitting. For now I’m using a modern possibles bag I have laying around.

View attachment 357050

I also have two powder horns in various states of completion that my son and I are doing as a winter project. The smaller, flat horn will go with the Crockett and the large with the deer rifles.

View attachment 357051

Next up is a range trip. Can’t wait to get started!
Looks good, Scott. Waiting for the report.

I hope you can get the ideas of what I did with the front blade from these pictures. I groove was dremeled in and epoxy put in the groove and the fiber optic laid in the groove. Also I touched the end of it to a soldering iron to make it bigger. View attachment 357202View attachment 357203
Nice job on the squirrels and the sight.

Latest posts

Back