• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 cal rifles?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Pedersoli Blue Ridge .32 flintlock. A super accurate gun and fun to shoot. The only problem was with crappy ramrod that came with the gun. After making a split hickory rod the problem was solved.

I've got some interesting offers. Thanks! I guess there's never been such a thing as a left-handed .32, has there? Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Now you went and perked my ears WAY up. Closest thing to an off-the-shelf LH 32 would probably be an underhammer. But as far as I know no one is currently making one in true LH. Lots of options in kits and custom, but not off the shelf. My dreamed-of 32 or 36 cal LH flinter is going to cost me more than an over the counter rightie, and there's no way around it that I know of. Anyone who knows different, please post ASAP!

I can shoot a RH gun, just not as quickly as a LH gun. I just got into the black powder thing, and my first gun is a LH Lyman Deerstalker in .54 (after shooting my dad's old RH .45 cal Kentucky rifle last year). I like the Deerstalker so much that I bought the Plains Pistol to match. This stuff sure is addictive!

Hey guys, I found a Traditions .32 Deerhunter new in the box for $200.00. Is this a good deal, or would this one have the same problems as the Traditions Crockett?

I guess its a manure shoot with Traditions guns...
I would advise you to ask the seller all questions!
I bought my Crockett about 5 years ago..it was second hand and had No problems at all and it gets shot Alot!

If you go to Traditions website, you can buy it directly from them for $205. I would try to talk them down.

I didn't see a .32 cal offered on their website, I'll have to go look again. Thanks!

-AL-

You have to look for it a bit. It is listed under the Deerhunter 50cal Flintlock Rifle. The .32 is only listed as being available in percussion, and is Item # R36128101 $205.00.

Enjoy!

Well, I've had the hots for a traditional long rifle for a while now. After having so much fun with my GPR I've REALLY been hankering for a blackpowder squirrel rifle. I'd had all I could take. I took the 125mile ride to DGW Tuesday and looked at all they had. I really liked the Cabela's Blue Ridge from their catalog (pictures can be deceiving) but I've had a lot of trouble finding a longrifle that fit me well. Even though it's the design that appeals to me most. So I really didn't want to order one from a catalog that I had not already handled. Anyway, they had all but one on the floor. None of those really called to me. It appears as though the Pedersoli Frontier rifle and the Cabela's Blue Ridge are one and the same. Don't like the lack of metalwork, seemed rather plain for its pricetag. The Dixie Cub and Scout are nice guns but I didn't want a carbine. Talking to the lady at the counter we realized there was one that was not on the floor, the Pedersoli Kentucky rifle. So she brought one out and I instantly knew it was the one! Beautiful little rifle at a similar price but with the added bonus of a patchbox and more brass trim. I brought it home and couldn't be happier. Gonna try to shoot it tomorrow and post pictures if anybody is game.

Here's the best I could manage. Early afternoon is just not a good time to take pictures so I'll try to get some more later. That is, if I'm not out crackin' squirrel noggins. :thumbsup:

Squirrel%20.32%2001.JPG

Okay guys, I'm set. I've decided to buy a mint (if not new) TC Cherokee from a guy here at MF. Now on to ammo selection. I know about the .310 ball and patch. What kind of selections are available in maxis, etc. in .32? I'm getting the impression that I will have to mold my own, whatever I choose.

Thanks!

-AL-

Congratulations Craig C.,

That rifle should serve you well. One thing to know about a Pedersoli percussion lock - it will be picky. Not TERRIBLY picky, just enough to keep you honest. :grin:

This is a gun you'll want to make sure you bust a cap on before you load up and take it to the woods. Run a dry patch or two down that bore before you load, pop a cap on a leaf and make sure it moves BEFORE you load the gun.

The gun will give you good reliable service as long as you do the things you should be doing anyway. Ya got yerself a purty good gun.

Keep us posted -

Spot

Maxi?..In a 32?..For squirrel?Must be big squirrels! :rotf: Dixons have them but never used them in my TC Cherokee.If I need the extra umph,I'll take the 36 Seneca.

Yes they used to have .32 maxi-balls which are 103 grains in weight. I shoot .315 round balls in my TC Cherokee.
I also have a .36 caliber Seneca and would most likely get another Seneca before a Cherokee but that isn't a hard and fast rule.

Back