• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.36 Caliber Bobcat Conicals

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank (WI)

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Has anyone shot other than round balls in the .36 caliber Bobcats? My 0.350/0.360 balls weigh in the neighborhood of 60 to 70 grains. I have access to a mold for a more traditional bullet shape but it's 90+ grains. Has anyone developed any loads for other than round balls in the .36 caliber class?

Thanks for any help!

I've been told you can run 9mm bullets through a 9mm taper crimp die, and load them up. I've never tried it though. :winking:

Hello:I'm glad someone has brought this up so it will give me a chance to ask, were can/did you find a .36 calber Bobcat? I have heard about them and read about them but I have honestly never seen one. What do they sell for? I'm interested?

I have used the TC Maxi out of my 36 Seneca.At 25 yds it is about 1 inch lower than the RB's.Groups about the same.Got a big box of 9mm lead bullets (500) a guy gave me because he bought them buy mistake for 357 lead.Put the caliper on them and they are the same as the TC.Weight is 124grs and size is .355.Think it will work?

Also that size 380, 38 sp, gives you a bunch of bullets to try . add to that Lymans load book Buffalo HP con 125gr with 3f 70grs mv 1943 me 1048 ,psi 19,600 ! with Pyrodex select 1855 , 955 , but a pressure of 22000 sounds a bit high to me hope the rifle is stout. Fred ( 65 gr RBs with 3f 2211 , 706 only 16900 )

casey4469 said:
Hello:I'm glad someone has brought this up so it will give me a chance to ask, were can/did you find a .36 calber Bobcat? I have heard about them and read about them but I have honestly never seen one. What do they sell for? I'm interested?

It's been a while since I talked to them, but Deer Creek had a few CVA .36 caliber Bobcat rifles made up special for them. I think they were $149 which is cheap for a .36 caliber rifle these days. (Yeah, I know the reg'lar .50 cal Bobcat at Wal-Mart sold for around $55, but those days are gone.)

1-765-525-6181 is Deer Creek's phone number. They don't have a website or e-mail. Next best bet is to get a Traditions Shenandoah Rifle in .36 caliber (but you'll pay $350 or more for that one.)

Good Luck on your search,
WV_Hillbilly

Thanks folks! With a knowledgable user group and the internet, it seems you can find just about anything.

Back