• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

About your hunting rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freedom.......That's a huge elk and a powerful load. I assembled a 54 Colonial for myself and it's a solid rifle for sure. I'm glade it can handle those large loads.

I'm no hunter. So curious about what your flintlock hunting rifle really looks like. There are a lot of beautiful rifles shown but very little on the working rifle. I don't know but do you have a working rifle for hunting? Hoping to see some photo's especially those working rifles and their makes & models. Maybe give us a brief as to what's most important to you in a hunting rifle and why you chose it. What's the best place for squirrel hunting? ................labrat
I have four muzzleloaders; I know :p, looks of derision, they are all percussion - two Parker Hale .58s (1853 and 1858) and two Pedersoli .54s (Tryon and Rocky Mountain Hawken). Why percussion and not flintlock, well, I restarted a little later in life with ye olde black magic and my safe is full - my state firearms registry may have a fit if I apply to acquire anymore beauties! I have hunted regularly with three of them - I am yet to blood the 1853, though she has done a lot of target work with fine results. I'll get around to taking her out later on in the year. And no, not fancy, but not beaters, like others here I look after my kit.

And the best place for squirrels? Heck, if I ever see a squirrel in the wild over here in Australia, I'll suspect I'm very drunk!😆

Cheers, Pete

hunt3.jpg
hunt2.jpg
Hunt1.jpg

Whoa, when they hauled all those invasive species to Australia they overlooked squirrels?🐿

We need to gather up some that are only mildly wounded and send them your way.
:p Yup. No squirrels. Never mind. I'll just have to be content with Samba, Fallow, Chital, Red Deer, Hog Deer, Rusa, Donkeys, Brumbies, Buffalo, Banteng, Bullocks, Boar, Foxes, Rabbits, Cats, Goats, Camels ...

Thanks for the offer, @longcruise, but given our current border restrictions you'd best keep those squirrels at home!

Cheers, Pete

Very nice collection of hunting rifles and good looking ones. It's always nice to have a large selection of wild game to choose from........labrat

Latest posts

Back