• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Age of Forum Users

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh Yes, the old preverbial "open mouth, insert foot" :crackup: That holdin' back on your age might work for Tipi's but not us guys....heck no, we'll shoot our mouths off about anything. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Sorry Claude, I just have to pick on someone, and if I'm pickin on you I'm letting everyone else alone :yakyak:

Well "judge'n" from Tipis pictures, I'd say she's about 29,.... maybe she'll post agin and correct me if'n I'm wrong!! :haha: ::

YMHS
rollingb

WOW...WOW....WOW. I am tied with the second youngest!!
I will turn 27 on March 30th. :blah:
I have 2 girls ages 3 and 4....hopefully they will be the youngest members when they're old enough to read!!

I'm trying to get them interested!! :results:

:thumbsup: to the older gents!! I have learned so much from you guys. :master: I LOVE YOU!! :cry:

Ok....I am a tad pass 29 and under 60. Gee, :hmm: a girls age is still a wonderment :what:
I remeber Vietnam war for a hint. Now that does date me. And :blah:I look a great deal younger than I am. Have had the grey hair since I was 20 and have decided to let it grow out...makes me look younger still since the hair is more white or plantenum than grey. Just do not want to be "chemically depenent" :haha:anymore. Can spend the money on Brain tanned hides or good beads. :youcrazy: :results:

OK Tipis - You're under 60 - Claude is 59, so we'll just ascribe that same age to you. OK? :peace:

Tipis,.... Well ya sure had me "fooled", I thot I guessed purty darn close!! :winking: :haha:

YMHS
rollingb

NO :curse: :curse: :curse:I am not 59. I am just not 29. :results: My first Rendezvous was in 1978 when I drove to the NAPR and and then the NMLRA event in Livingston,Wy. Had a great time...was very young. :huh: :huh:

Tipis,.... I still think yore 'bout 29,.... so,.. if you "drove" to yore first rendezvous in '78, it's a "wonder" you could even see over the steer'n wheel!! :haha: :haha: :winking:

In fact I remember see'n a car with Florida licence-plates pull'n into thet rendezvous, but I couldn't see nuthin of the "driver" but the top of her hed!!.... now I know "WHO" it was!! :thumbsup: ::

YMHS
rollingb

I'm 58, sounds like we gots a lotta folks with AIDS. Hearing aids, Rolaids, Bandaids, constipation aids, stomach aids, arthritus aids. seeing aids, etc., etc. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Isn't this a problem at reenactments? Most people here have already exceeded the lifespan of the average male back when flintlocks were cutting edge technology.

Average life-span? Hmmm, let's see. Have you ever look up how old some of those guys were when they died?

Thomas Jefferson = 83
Sam Adams = 81
Ben Franklin = 84
Daniel Boone = 85

Besides, there's nothing "average" about us reenactors. :winking:

Here is an interesting link that might back both of us up.
http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/000682.html

This gist of it is that the average might have been around 35-40, but those that survived to adulthood had a decent chance of getting "old" by modern standards.

There are gravestones in my family's old cemetary dating back to the early 1800's. I noted that there were a lot of infant and child deaths and then a big gap until about the age of 50. I doubt my family was unusual in that respect.

HistoryBuff

I turned 59 on February 3rd.

Claude,
That means that Buddy Holly died on your 13th birthday, February 3rd nineteen59. You wouldn't happen to remember hearing about that on your birthday would you??

Latest posts

Back