• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Age of Forum Users

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Daddy still cleans my rifle and Mommy still changes my diapers. Let's just leave it at that! :redface:

Can any of you still respect me? :winking:

Jaybe,
I am close to 49. Maybe that makes me average, something like "Mr.Smith"? In to muzzle-loading since 1981.
Its hard to get the youngers interested in BP here in Sweden. Guess its the same all over.
ARILAR :: :thumbsup:

will be 58 july 11, After a long day ride , we used to tie the horses up out side of the first bar as soon as we hit a town,,, Now it outside of the first drug store,,,

Well, I turned 60 last November. Alot of us old timers around still. Would like to see more younger folks at the rondys. Doesn't look right to see all of us aged fat guys dressed like longhunters and trappers. :eek: On the other hand, I had links to the Ozarks and Appalachian backwoods in the late 40s and 50s when time had stood still for 100 years and folks still hunted with original MLs, made moonshine, quilted, had wild hogs, etc....now the places are full of retired northerners slapping up houses, condos, man-made lakes and fancy stores....progress I guess, but I miss the old timers that lived back in the hollows and still burnt kerosene lamps and cooked on wood stoves.

69 in March and going strong thanks to a couple a new knees...... I can still dress out, drag out, hang up, skin out and cut up my deer without no help from nobody. ::

Well - With NWTF Longhunter we have 95 reporting in with an avewrage age of 48.18. I think I've figured out what the problem is here. There are probably lots of younger guys on this forum, but they've got better things to do than sit around poking away at a keyboard. :haha:

To be continued ... :thumbsup:

Fond memories of an almost bygone era! My grandparents used to take my brother and I up to their N. Georgia mountain farm every summer. Blue Ridge is adjacent to Rabun Co. of "Deliverence" fame. A heavyset part-time farmer, full-time moonshiner in overalls that took care of the place (we'll call him Everett) would say "Bobby..grab your .22 and lets go see if we can finda rabbit. He'd pull out a flask of clear homemade and I'd get to take a long swig followed with a chew of tobacco. That was high livin' to a ten year old! ::

I turned 29 in December. I've been shooting BP since I was 10 and have been doing the reenactment/trekking thing for 13 years.

Just turned 34.

Isn't this a problem at reenactments? Most people here have already exceeded the lifespan of the average male back when flintlocks were cutting edge technology.

HistoryBuff

Back