• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Age of Forum Users

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I see. Some us were actually there when flintlocks were cutting edge technology.

<---He ducks--->

HistoryBuff

I'll be 48 in March. Dad got me an old original ML when I was 13.

Looks like American History books were just pamplets when some of you fellers were born! :haha:

51 last September. Just got back from New England looking at land to build a house on. Does anyone know how many feet of wire power companies string between poles? Trying to figure out what it will cost to get power 3000 feet into the woods. Let's see - $400 per pole and $2 per foot of wire... Beginning to think about alternatives to being on the grid... GC

hank: I'm glad to see another grown-up on this forum. I'll be 73 July 12. Started blackpowder shooting in 1981. Before that I shot a Model 1894 Winchester and an L.C. :m2c: Smith side-by-side that my grandfather bought about 1900. So going to a caplock and then a flintlock wasn't too radical. Exercise, good whisky, good cigars and blackpowder smoke will keep you going. graybeard

Isn't this a problem at reenactments? Most people here have already exceeded the lifespan of the average male back when flintlocks were cutting edge technology.

Average life-span? Hmmm, let's see. Have you ever look up how old some of those guys were when they died?

Thomas Jefferson = 83
Sam Adams = 81
Ben Franklin = 84
Daniel Boone = 85

Besides, there's nothing "average" about us reenactors. :winking:

Thomas Jefferson = 83
Sam Adams = 81
Ben Franklin = 84
Daniel Boone = 85

Besides, there's nothing "average" about us reenactors.

Simon Kenton 80 something. You tell em Claude and Longknife!

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

Isn't this a problem at reenactments? Most people here have already exceeded the lifespan of the average male back when flintlocks were cutting edge technology.

Average life-span? Hmmm, let's see. Have you ever look up how old some of those guys were when they died?

Thomas Jefferson = 83
Sam Adams = 81
Ben Franklin = 84
Daniel Boone = 85

Besides, there's nothing "average" about us reenactors. :winking:

NOW wait just a dad burn minute.....unless I have not been readin' close enough, this is the only post I've seen from Claude, I still did not see any number on this Claude guy....Sooooo, Spill the beans Claude, how old or young? :thumbsup:

He's just waiting until the numbers get high enough so his age doesn't tip us over the edge too far :crackup:.
We're now at 108 people with an average age of 47.68.

Flintlocks are Still cutting edge!!!
:redthumb:

I agree, my buddy sent me pics of a new $5500.00 :shocking: sniper rifle. I replied with pics of Rootnukes 1770 Early Lancaster. No argument, rootnuke won hands down!! :applause:

Has anyone noticed that not a woman has given her age? I went to my first rendezvous in the very early eighties and here I am still. I will be 49 in March. There I said it!
Slash

NOW wait just a dad burn minute.....unless I have not been readin' close enough, this is the only post I've seen from Claude, I still did not see any number on this Claude guy....Sooooo, Spill the beans Claude, how old or young? :thumbsup:

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut. ::

I turned 59 on February 3rd.

Back