• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another shipping war story….

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From 68 to 73 cents and they will still lose billions/year. Just last week a book was delivered and instead of placing on an elevated place next to the door it was placed on the ground while it was raining...doorbell cam shows him wearing rain poncho and boonie style hat. To be fair, he did not know package contained a book but the box was falling apart from being soaked and anyone could assume contents might get wet and ruined....which it did. We have 3 different delivery persons each week. Mail might come in early morning, around 14:30 or after 18:00...The fellow who delivers around 14:30 is then done. We are literally the last street on his route so he gets to spend the rest of his shift down at the local craft brewery while getting paid....not a bad gig plus getting 47 paid days off/year!
Your mail guy is done by 1430?! I want his job! My mail lady doesn't deliver our mail until after 1700 on most days.

I want to begin this by stating that the seller is in no way responsible for this conundrum. He has been excellent to deal with. He did his part. I’m not going to release his name at this time. However, rest assured that he is not responsible for this situation.

Secondly, at this point I’m not interested in stating what this pertains to. Let’s just say it is something we all have in common and for me, it is a lot of money. Perhaps not for some folks, but for me it is.

This package was shipped USPS, insured and boxed properly, according to the seller. Expected delivery date was last Friday. No package. Tracking indicated it was still in transit. Saturday came and no package and no update on tracking status.

Last night tracking indicated package was on my side of the world and was in transit to the nearest town. Cool. Checked early this morning and tracking stated package had made it to near by town and was scheduled to be delivered this morning. Checked one more time, out for delivery.

Waited all morning and no package. Mail box is on another road and is not visible from my house. Finally got on my ATV and rode down to mail box just to see if the mail had ran. Sure enough, it did and there was a notice in there stating “Sorry we missed you while you were out”. I never left the property and my two large outside dogs turns inside out when anyone comes up my driveway. I was so concerned about getting this package and perhaps missing the driver that I wouldn’t even take a shower today. In short, the driver lied. He never came up this driveway. Also, that notice has a sticky back meant to be stuck on a door but it was in my mailbox instead.

Okay, time to make a call. Postal dude understood and told me that I might be able to find him on some other nearby roads. Drove around for quite a ways to no avail. Saw the mail truck pass by me on a narrow curvy road going Mach 2. Turned around and drove like a mad man trying to catch up to him. He vanished.

Call back to post office and explainind this again. I informed him that tracking showed package was scheduled to be delivered last Friday. Also, I cannot waste anymore time waiting for this spendy package. I’ve put off several important things scheduled with other people and I can’t miss another day.

There is more but to shorten this up, the delivery driver is/was supposed to have turned around, came back and deliver my package. That was several hours ago. Now the day is shot. I have not made my first appointment today. I had 4 locations to be at today. It’s too late now. One place I needed to go has something I need to pick up to use at daylight tomorrow morning when help is supposed to be there.

So, last time I spoke to post office dude I asked him what time this evening I could drive up to the post office and pick up my package. He never would give me a time. He said the driver would show up or that he would call me.

This is insane and is my number one reason I do not like to purchase high dollar items if it has to be shipped.

I’m not angry and I’m not going to make a scene about this. I will maintain my integrity regardless. However, I am saddened by the apathy in the shipping world.
Well maybe your two large outside dogs is a reason the postman did not come up to your house. If I was a postman I wouldn't go anywhere near a house with large loose dogs around. Just saying.

I have a good friend who had a rural delivery mail route. The USPS worked her into the ground, she needs to retire but needs "just a little longer " to be able to retire.

Knew an old guy who became a rural carrier around about 1950 or so. With many, many miles of dirt mountain roads he carried a chain saw and other equipment a man might need in the wild to get thru in any weather. He always drove 3 speed manual transmission Chevy Suburbans and said he replaced many clutches over the years but stuck with a manual, he didn't think an automatic would hold up as well. George said the Post Office started going downhill and broke when congress allowed cheap junk mail to flood the system. He too carried dog biscuits for all his dog friends on his route, he even had one mutt jump thru the window for his treat and wouldn't get back out so George just took him along for the rest of his route and dropped him back where he belonged on his way home. Well liked he never wanted for cookies or fudge around Christmas :thumb: One year his Dachshund tore open and ate a whole pound of chocolate Christmas fudge with no ill effects😅

Knew an old guy who became a rural carrier around about 1950 or so. With many, many miles of dirt mountain roads he carried a chain saw and other equipment a man might need in the wild to get thru in any weather. He always drove 3 speed manual transmission Chevy Suburbans and said he replaced many clutches over the years but stuck with a manual, he didn't think an automatic would hold up as well. George said the Post Office started going downhill and broke when congress allowed cheap junk mail to flood the system. He too carried dog biscuits for all his dog friends on his route, he even had one mutt jump thru the window for his treat and wouldn't get back out so George just took him along for the rest of his route and dropped him back where he belonged on his way home. Well liked he never wanted for cookies or fudge around Christmas :thumb: One year his Dachshund tore open and ate a whole pound of chocolate Christmas fudge with no ill effects😅
Good on him sounds like the best sort
Rudyard's passing comment

The world needs more people like George! And yeah, I get pretty miffed about having to separate and toss out all the junk mail in my own box, I can't imagine having to deal with it on a bigger scale.

Well maybe your two large outside dogs is a reason the postman did not come up to your house. If I was a postman I wouldn't go anywhere near a house with large loose dogs around. Just saying.
My two large dogs are in a secure pen.

I'd say three days out of five, our mail carrier brings us nothing but junk mail. It's frustrating. I asked the previous carrier how I can have the junk mail stopped, and she said good luck with that. Basically told me there isn't anything I can do other than fill out some form and even then only certain junk mail would be stopped but not all. It sucks having to throw away 60 percent of the mail delivered.

I didn't have to read past USPS to understand your pain. The U.S postal service has really gone downhill in the last decade. I cringe each time I find out something is being sent to me via them. Amazon does a better job delivering. I ordered something a few months ago from the big A, and literally 2 hours later it was on my doorstep. Don't ever recall having a package delivered by them arriving damaged either.
That's why they're raising the cost of a postage stamp to 73 cents so all their problems will correct themselves. lol

I'd say three days out of five, our mail carrier brings us nothing but junk mail. It's frustrating. I asked the previous carrier how I can have the junk mail stopped, and she said good luck with that. Basically told me there isn't anything I can do other than fill out some form and even then only certain junk mail would be stopped but not all. It sucks having to throw away 60 percent of the mail delivered.
I shred all the non shiny paper and use it in the composter as part of my "brown" stuff...

I
I shred all the non shiny paper and use it in the composter as part of my "brown" stuff...
Think I'm going to start shredding it and turning it into fire logs. It's pretty easy to do. Just soak the paper in water for a day or two then grind it into a pulp and compress it into a tube made from pvc. Then dry out and burn. At least it'll be used for something other than landfill liner.

Sounds like a guberment operation.
Mailed to me on a Thursday; clerk said: "Monday delivery,: Nope nor the next Monday, Wife saw it sitting on porch chair Wednesday. 400 miles, adjoining states two weeks precisely. Sounds like Gummit work to me, also.. ;) 🦨:horseback::rolleyes:
P.S. empty gun box within a box ... must have weighed a pound :)

My post person regularly marks my packages as delivered and then delivers them the next day or so. Also routinely delivered packages to me that are addressed miles away. not like the neighbor or something although I often have to Redeliver the neighbors mail.

I had a laptop shipped fedex a couple years ago that I needed to replace for work. it came from Michigan. I tracked it as close as 30 miles away and then it went off to Las Vegas without me. Tracked it for a while, complained etc. then I contacted the seller they overnighted a new one to me.

I tracked the first one for a month until it was in Mississippi and they stopped updating...

the sad thing is that kind of service affects the reputation of the seller and in this case cost then more time and expense.

I struggle with people's dishonesty and incompetence. At least I'll own mine...

Here we go again, this time wit FedEx.

An order from Graff and Sons. Tracking initially stated estimated date and time for delivery was yesterday between 9:20 to 1:20. Signature and Photo I.D. Required due to it being HazMat. Checked yesterday morning and tracking stated out for delivery. Stayed home all day and no packing. Checked again last night before going to bed. Tracking showed the same.

Wake up this morning and tracking now states “delayed”. Shows package to be at a location 3 hours away. No additional information available. How on earth can a package be listed as “Out for delivery” if its still over 100 miles away?

As pathetic as Fed Ex is in this area, I’m afraid to leave my property until this package arrives. I have an appointment at a shop to have some necessary maintenance done on my truck. It took me a week to get that appointment and my truck rear brakes are metal to metal, but here I am stuck at home again because of some incompetent, apathetic, knot heads.

Just two weeks ago it was a USPS conundrum. Every bit of this foolishness is due to the incompetence of workers.

For the record, Fed Ex is so pathetic and unreliable in this area that for a while I refused to purchase anything from anyone if they used Fed Ex for shipping. I didn’t ask Gaffs who they would use to ship but I darn sure will next time with any company on any purchase. If they only use Fed Ex, then I don’t need their products.

Last edited:
It's not just the USPS. My 8.5mo pregnant daughter and her husband (who have 2 delightful little girls) bought a house last week. Moved in on a Friday. Daughter was suppose to contact the gas company for the switch.....but let's just blame that on hormones.

Friday evening we realize the gas had been shutoff. (They can do that remotely now). Called the gas Co.....lied so I would get a warm body on the phone, and they said "can't turn it back on....gotta wait until Monday". So, cold showers for the weekend.

Monday she calls, gas co said we will be there tomorrow between 8:00am and 5:00pm. (What? Such a short window of time!!)

My daughter (who works from home full time) had to take the oldest to a summer camp that's 10 minuets away. And yes...in that 20 min time period at 8:15am, the gas guy came to her home and found nobody there.

She get's back and calls the gas co. Explains what happened and ask if the guy could come back. The Gas Co Rep then tells her that's impossible and she must reschedule. So, another two days of cold showers.

You just have no recourse against these "public service" organizations.

The "sorry we missed you" is a common problem today.

The issue is drivers are penalized for being too slow. So if they get out of the truck to deliver a package, it slows them down. Much faster to just leave a note "sorry we missed you" and drive on to the next delivery so they make their routes faster.

It is a common story to hear of people who have busted their delivery person walking up to their door with the note already in hand when they haven't even knocked yet.

The "sorry we missed you" is a common problem today.

The issue is drivers are penalized for being too slow. So if they get out of the truck to deliver a package, it slows them down. Much faster to just leave a note "sorry we missed you" and drive on to the next delivery so they make their routes faster.

It is a common story to hear of people who have busted their delivery person walking up to their door with the note already in hand when they haven't even knocked yet.
I understand. In my case, he would not take time to drive a couple of hundred yard up to my driveway.

Last edited:
Here we go again, this time wit FedEx.

An order from Graff and Sons. Tracking initially stated estimated date and time for delivery was yesterday between 9:20 to 1:20. Signature and Photo I.D. Required due to it being HazMat. Checked yesterday morning and tracking stated out for delivery. Stayed home all day and no packing. Checked again last night before going to bed. Tracking showed the same.

Wake up this morning and tracking now states “delayed”. Shows package to be at a location 3 hours away. No additional information available. How on earth can a package be listed as “Out for delivery” if its still over 100 miles away?

As pathetic as Fed Ex is in this area, I’m afraid to leave my property until this package arrives. I have an appointment at a shop to have some necessary maintenance done on my truck. It took me a week to get that appointment and my truck rear brakes are metal to metal, but here I am stuck at home again because of some incompetent, apathetic, knot heads.

Just two weeks ago it was a USPS conundrum. Every bit of this foolishness is due to the incompetence of workers.

For the record, Fed Ex is so pathetic and unreliable in this area that for a while I refused to purchase anything from anyone if they used Fed Ex for shipping. I didn’t ask Gaffs who they would use to ship but I darn sure will next time with any company on any purchase. If they only use Fed Ex, then I don’t need their products.
Which FedEx company was it Freight or Ground or Express it does make a difference Ground drivers are contracted .I know it is not exceptable but it is a problem that needs to be fixed

I want to begin this by stating that the seller is in no way responsible for this conundrum. He has been excellent to deal with. He did his part. I’m not going to release his name at this time. However, rest assured that he is not responsible for this situation.

Secondly, at this point I’m not interested in stating what this pertains to. Let’s just say it is something we all have in common and for me, it is a lot of money. Perhaps not for some folks, but for me it is.

This package was shipped USPS, insured and boxed properly, according to the seller. Expected delivery date was last Friday. No package. Tracking indicated it was still in transit. Saturday came and no package and no update on tracking status.

Last night tracking indicated package was on my side of the world and was in transit to the nearest town. Cool. Checked early this morning and tracking stated package had made it to near by town and was scheduled to be delivered this morning. Checked one more time, out for delivery.

Waited all morning and no package. Mail box is on another road and is not visible from my house. Finally got on my ATV and rode down to mail box just to see if the mail had ran. Sure enough, it did and there was a notice in there stating “Sorry we missed you while you were out”. I never left the property and my two large outside dogs turns inside out when anyone comes up my driveway. I was so concerned about getting this package and perhaps missing the driver that I wouldn’t even take a shower today. In short, the driver lied. He never came up this driveway. Also, that notice has a sticky back meant to be stuck on a door but it was in my mailbox instead.

Okay, time to make a call. Postal dude understood and told me that I might be able to find him on some other nearby roads. Drove around for quite a ways to no avail. Saw the mail truck pass by me on a narrow curvy road going Mach 2. Turned around and drove like a mad man trying to catch up to him. He vanished.

Call back to post office and explainind this again. I informed him that tracking showed package was scheduled to be delivered last Friday. Also, I cannot waste anymore time waiting for this spendy package. I’ve put off several important things scheduled with other people and I can’t miss another day.

There is more but to shorten this up, the delivery driver is/was supposed to have turned around, came back and deliver my package. That was several hours ago. Now the day is shot. I have not made my first appointment today. I had 4 locations to be at today. It’s too late now. One place I needed to go has something I need to pick up to use at daylight tomorrow morning when help is supposed to be there.

So, last time I spoke to post office dude I asked him what time this evening I could drive up to the post office and pick up my package. He never would give me a time. He said the driver would show up or that he would call me.

This is insane and is my number one reason I do not like to purchase high dollar items if it has to be shipped.

I’m not angry and I’m not going to make a scene about this. I will maintain my integrity regardless. However, I am saddened by the apathy in the shipping world.
What’s the big secret about what the item is?

Back