• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another shipping war story….

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just can't get good help these days. I hate shipping anything. Almost as much as I hate waiting on anything to be shipped. Glad you got your package finally.
Yesterday I heard from some neighbors about two different local small business owners that fired all their employees ( allwere under 40 ) because they kept failing to show up on time, if at all. One of them then said 2 months ago he started hiring retired guys and was happier because they show up on time and take pride in their work.
There is still a lot of government assistance money to be had out there if you don’t want to work. Especially if you have any kids.
Frees up more time to smoke pot, play video games, and work on their procreation to have another kid they can’t support without more taxpayer money.
Having to work for a living kinda’ cuts into your day.

Last edited:
So my package finally showed up a little while ago. Two days late. Saw the Fed Ex truck drive by my house and go to the end of the narrow road to deliver a package to another home. Then turned around and it looked as if it were going to drive by. So, I ran down the driveway, waved my arms and yelled out. The dude in the passenger seat with his arm hanging out the window and feet up on the dashboard never acknowledged. So I yelled again. He yelled back with “ I Know” very angered like. All he had to do was wave in acknowledgment.

There was no way the truck could turn around or make the turn from our one track road on to my angled driveway. So, I ran down to the end of my driveway and stopped them. They had loud rap music blaring. Neither of us spoke other than him asking for photo ID and a signature. I grabbed my box and walked away. Mr personality never looked at me nor did he take his feet off of the dashboard.

From now on I’m going back to asking anyone I do business with what company they will use for shipping. I will not do business with anyone that uses Fed Ex again.

Last edited:
I'm 80 yrs old and my son recently showed me how to do online banking. It's amazing how easy it is to pay a bill. If you have a smartphone you can take a picture of a check and deposit it electronically you don't have to go to the bank.
It will work great until you get hacked.
I now consider mailing a check or money order in an envelope to be more secure because of all the online data theft going on. And the perpetrators are never caught or prosecuted.

I now consider mailing a check or money order in an envelope to be more secure because of all the online data theft going on. And the perpetrators are never caught or prosecuted.
Wait a minuet. I've been using on line banking for over 20 years. When I log on I have my account setup where they send me a txt (to my phone) for an authentic ID. (And yes, my iPhone has a code to get into it.....and NOBODY borrows my phone for any reason!!)

You realize that if you send me a check, I now have your name, address, Bank routing number and your account number.

Do you think that's any safer than on line banking?

Indeed. That’s a fact. My wife was a banker for many years. The only way she does online banking is by reviewing the status at least once or twice a day. Even then, our account was still hacked into. Someone in California went on a shopping spree using our account number. Our bank caught it before my wife had a chance to catch it, so they notified us. By that short amount of time, the perps got away with a lot. We did not have to pay for it, however.

Any of our bills are paid out of an account that we keep very little money in. That account is at a different bank with just a small checking account so hackers might not get very much.

Mail can be hacked, too…

6FFD5A63-52B3-439E-987F-6D08D6419040.jpeg

Had a large box delivered which needed a signature, the driver brought it to the door. By the time I got to the door the driver was back in the truck, he waved at me and said "It's OK, I signed for you!"

Had a large box delivered which needed a signature, the driver brought it to the door. By the time I got to the door the driver was back in the truck, he waved at me and said "It's OK, I signed for you!"
UPS driver did the same to me I was ******

I want to begin this by stating that the seller is in no way responsible for this conundrum. He has been excellent to deal with. He did his part. I’m not going to release his name at this time. However, rest assured that he is not responsible for this situation.

Secondly, at this point I’m not interested in stating what this pertains to. Let’s just say it is something we all have in common and for me, it is a lot of money. Perhaps not for some folks, but for me it is.

This package was shipped USPS, insured and boxed properly, according to the seller. Expected delivery date was last Friday. No package. Tracking indicated it was still in transit. Saturday came and no package and no update on tracking status.

Last night tracking indicated package was on my side of the world and was in transit to the nearest town. Cool. Checked early this morning and tracking stated package had made it to near by town and was scheduled to be delivered this morning. Checked one more time, out for delivery.

Waited all morning and no package. Mail box is on another road and is not visible from my house. Finally got on my ATV and rode down to mail box just to see if the mail had ran. Sure enough, it did and there was a notice in there stating “Sorry we missed you while you were out”. I never left the property and my two large outside dogs turns inside out when anyone comes up my driveway. I was so concerned about getting this package and perhaps missing the driver that I wouldn’t even take a shower today. In short, the driver lied. He never came up this driveway. Also, that notice has a sticky back meant to be stuck on a door but it was in my mailbox instead.

Okay, time to make a call. Postal dude understood and told me that I might be able to find him on some other nearby roads. Drove around for quite a ways to no avail. Saw the mail truck pass by me on a narrow curvy road going Mach 2. Turned around and drove like a mad man trying to catch up to him. He vanished.

Call back to post office and explainind this again. I informed him that tracking showed package was scheduled to be delivered last Friday. Also, I cannot waste anymore time waiting for this spendy package. I’ve put off several important things scheduled with other people and I can’t miss another day.

There is more but to shorten this up, the delivery driver is/was supposed to have turned around, came back and deliver my package. That was several hours ago. Now the day is shot. I have not made my first appointment today. I had 4 locations to be at today. It’s too late now. One place I needed to go has something I need to pick up to use at daylight tomorrow morning when help is supposed to be there.

So, last time I spoke to post office dude I asked him what time this evening I could drive up to the post office and pick up my package. He never would give me a time. He said the driver would show up or that he would call me.

This is insane and is my number one reason I do not like to purchase high dollar items if it has to be shipped.

I’m not angry and I’m not going to make a scene about this. I will maintain my integrity regardless. However, I am saddened by the apathy in the shipping world.
The USPS is my last choice for shipping. They might be cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Methinks a good number of people these days don't give a hoot about doing a job. Of course they want a paycheck, but don't want to earn said paycheck. I was always taught if you were going to do a job, do the best you can. Weird times. Remember when a job with the Postal Service was prestigious, always a "We're hiring" sign in front of my small local one. Not just the USPS either.
I am 68 and remember how getting on with the Postal Service (never worked there myself) was something of a status boost amongst your circle of acquaintances and like hitting the jackpot. Passing the written exams, background check, and interviews was often difficult, and passing with flying colors was still no guarantee of getting hired. Standards were pretty high, and service was almost invariably top-notch.
Our mail service here locally is still pretty good, but that seems to be changing for the worse across the country.
I think discounted-rate junk mail that we don’t want is now a good third of their business, and arrives reliably almost every day.

Any of our bills are paid out of an account that we keep very little money in. That account is at a different bank with just a small checking account so hackers might not get very much.
That’s exactly what me and my wife do.

Wait a minuet. I've been using on line banking for over 20 years. When I log on I have my account setup where they send me a txt (to my phone) for an authentic ID. (And yes, my iPhone has a code to get into it.....and NOBODY borrows my phone for any reason!!)

You realize that if you send me a check, I now have your name, address, Bank routing number and your account number.

Do you think that's any safer than on line banking?
Yes, because I keep minimal money in the checking account.
When was the last time you heard on the news about hackers getting access to hundreds of thousands or millions of checking accounts?

I am 68 and remember how getting on with the Postal Service (never worked there myself) was something of a status boost amongst your circle of acquaintances and like hitting the jackpot. Passing the written exams, background check, and interviews was often difficult, and passing with flying colors was still no guarantee of getting hired. Standards were pretty high, and service was almost invariably top-notch.
Our mail service here locally is still pretty good, but that seems to be changing for the worse across the country.
I think discounted-rate junk mail that we don’t want is now a good third of their business, and arrives reliably almost every day.
I remember my uncle (retired postman) would tell stories about how regimented the postal service was. Down to how you were to have one foot on the floor while sorting mail for your route, to the size of rubber bands you used. Now you have DEI hires and complete hubs are out of wack. I mailed boxes of Christmas goodies to the family last year, everything that went through STL MO I got a refund on shipping because they arrived late. Shame. We used to know our mailman by first name, kinda like extended family.

All depends on the local people in the local service. Gotta find what works in your area.

What you describe is the same abysmal service I get from UPS. They won't even drive up my road, they leave the package on the side of the road down at the intersection, and the delivery status says "Left at front door, signature obtained." Sometimes the status still shows "in transit" and I find the package on the side of the road when I drive home.

Had a few packages disappear, don't use UPS anymore (which also means no Amazon anymore).

FedEx and USPS are both punctual and reliable, but USPS performs impeccably in my area.

All depends of the local folks at the companies in your area.

Last edited:
I won’t use fed X for important stuff, ups- maybe, I’ve had the least trouble with USPS, oddly enough. My friends wife is a carrier- on foot. They had an informal program to keep an eye on the older people on the routes , in case they need help. Well, one afternoon she heard moaning coming from Mrs. X’s front room…. Oh gosh, she is hurt, I’ll go in! My friends wife discovered Mrs. X with the much younger neighbor! She knocks on the door now…..

My wife uses several different accounts for different things. She keeps a close watch on all of them and we still got hacked.

I won’t use fed X for important stuff, ups- maybe, I’ve had the least trouble with USPS, oddly enough. My friends wife is a carrier- on foot. They had an informal program to keep an eye on the older people on the routes , in case they need help. Well, one afternoon she heard moaning coming from Mrs. X’s front room…. Oh gosh, she is hurt, I’ll go in! My friends wife discovered Mrs. X with the much younger neighbor! She knocks on the door now…..
Yep, it’s UPS or USPS for me. Never a problem with UPS, not the first one. USPS has been good with the exception of 2 times. Both of those were due to sorry delivery people. The sad experience a couple of weeks ago was the first time I’ve had issues with USPS tracking being wrong.

No more FedEx if I can at all help from it.

Back