• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Maynard/New owner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh54

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I saw a likely unissued Maynard at the gun show today. Bluing and case coloring appear 95 percent-plus. Small crack in the stock about five inches long but doesn’t go through - eminently repairable. I took it home for under $2K. (Boy I hope I didn’t pay too much.) Now I need to find brass. My pics are under bad lighting and don’t do this gun justice. Maybe I can get better pics tomorrow.

I saw in an older thread someone used a Smith carbine bullet (maybe Eras Gone?) in their Maynard. Any reason not to?

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpeg
    IMG_0770.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0769.jpeg
    IMG_0769.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Now THAT'S a dandy!! $2K is right in line for a good condition Maynard's, so you done just fine. Your crack don't look to bad, easily repairable with some adheasive and clamping.

Maynard's patent breech-loading cavalry carbines are a hoot and then some. Confederates loved them and considered them a highly accurate, dependable arm.

Here’s mine:

B37E57CE-1C90-4581-AEE5-9B5880919926.png

2119A557-C326-4C9A-8337-DFDF813D2716.png

S&S firearms can hook you up with Maynard cases, Maynard bullets, and a cartridge loading gadget.

Happy shooting!!

Last edited:
Back