• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any particular goals for 2012 fall Hunting season?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackpowderscout said:
Supercracker said:
robtattoo said:
Shane, if you don't call me & let me join you for at least one of those hunts I'ma be madder'n a badger in a blender! That sounds like my idea of the perfect long weekend!

bring yer big butt on down. Although I think between me, you and Chris we need to be mindful of the max payload on the CSS Quantrill.

I would buy lunch if ya'll let me take pictures of THAT!! Well, ok I might not could afford it but it would be fun anyhow!!

I guess I'd finally like to get some more float trips done. Been years since I was able to do any hunting that way.

Ok then, it's settled. Semi primitive swamp island hog safari. October work?

let's arrange it in person now and stop the overt thread hijack. lol

1. take 50 cal for a walk in the woods with purpose to bring home some deer meat.
2. try to get both sons intrested in blackpowder hunting.
3. try to pick a day to hunt which is not too cold nor too hot.

Take my kids out as much as possible, and use only my longbow or GPR from now on. Going for deer/elk/bear

I want to take my first deer with traditional archery, and then fill the freezer with deer and hogs using my T/C .50 with roundballs and/or conical I cast myself. It wont be the same this year as my son leaves in November for the Army, so I will be loosing my hunting partner :(

I plan to take my T/C 45 Hawken and sit in the woods. Just sitting there will be therapeutic, but having a deer or hog accidentally get in the path of a PRB will be medicine for the soul. Another goal will be to develop a relationship with a guy from my wife's home state, who seems to be an expert with a type of shot, TSS I think it is called. Then by spring I should be ready to pursue a longbeard and have a reasonable chance of harvesting it with a 28 ga.

Hey roundball how are you doin? I've had six days off in the last two years. I'm just hoping to get some huntin time in this fall period.

My main goal every year is to make that one shot count for a quick, clean kill on a Whitetail...be it buck or doe. Fortunately I'm in a two-deer area this year (Minnesota ain't so generous as many other states) so hope to fill the freezer with a fat doe during early bow season, then hold out for a minimum 150" buck...and if you see my post on "The Land" I think the chances I may cross paths with one are fair. Also lots of winter squirrel hunting with my Golden Retriever.

It'll be my second year hunting, and I'd REALLY like to bring home my first deer! I had some good opportunities last year, but inexperience skunked me. I'll be more ready this time!

Just to get out more than last year. It was tough with a newborn. I hope it will be easier this fall.

This year my goal is to get a cpl of antis to go hunting with me. 1 is on the fence but I'm going to try and get him hooked on squirrel with my .32 and work up from there. The other is a plain firearm hater and she has agreed to go out "just to be fair" since I have sat thru so many tirades and still stayed civil lol

My goal is to sight in my new .40 caliber flintlock squirrel rifle that I should get in a few days.

Then when the season comes, look out squirrels. :grin:

Looking like I will have to pass on this season. I definatly won't be able to make the end of september early october muzzel loader general season. Maybe I will be able to get in one the mid october mule deer hunt and possibly be able to do the late season white tail hunt in november.

I just droped $1800.00 on a new chimney and some roof repairs. That chimney ate a big hole in my pocketbook.

:doh:

cynthialee said:
Looking like I will have to pass on this season. I definatly won't be able to make the end of september early october muzzel loader general season. Maybe I will be able to get in one the mid october mule deer hunt and possibly be able to do the late season white tail hunt in november.

I just droped $1800.00 on a new chimney and some roof repairs. That chimney ate a big hole in my pocketbook.

:doh:

WOW that sucks sorry to hear it. maybe you can sneak away for a quick hunt any way?

It is all good. I will get venison no matter what. Once the nieghbor and his son go out on the general season CF hunt they will be on my property so I get some meat out of the deal. There are about 6 bucks that have been kind enough to pose for his game trail cameras. Two of them are 12 pointers. All of them are old enough to hunt.

I operate under the understanding that god puts up barriers and provides bridges for reasons. So I am not going to worry about it. Things happen the way the do for a reason.

To be honest I am glad that the chimney had to be replaced because when the old one was taken out the workman doing the work was very surprised we haven't had a house fire. The old one was built back in the mid 80's and not up to code at all. Now I have a new chimney that is up to code.
Not burning up in a house fire is more important to me than eating venison.

I'm glad they found it before something bad happened. :thumbsup: I dropped the same amount of cash down my well about 3 months ago.... :shake: My pump went out and had to be replaced including the wiring it was to small for my well. :doh: I guess the original owner tried to save a buck or two. :bull:

Back