• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any particular goals for 2012 fall Hunting season?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To kill a deer with my new .58 cal rifle. Also, to kill my first deer with my 1967 Bear Kodiak Hunter.

To actually see a deer when I have a muzzleloader in my hands the other methods I use have been good for the last couple years but have not had a shot with the ML in going on 3 seasons.

Well, I shoulda found this thread before the season, but I really wanted this with a ML:
IMG_0029.jpg

...it makes me feel more successful if I state my goals after I achieve them :grin:

My son & I are flying out to the Manitoba bush for a week's moose hunt the 29th. He with his bow & me with my newly completed .58 flinter. A bit of a 'bucket list' for both of us. Haven't done the picture thing here yet, but hopefully I'll have some more incentive when we're back.
Paul

I have the usual goal for this deer season, to take a 160 class or better buck with a perfectly symmetric rack. Course, I'll settle for any edible meat, but what the heck, shoot for the stars, if I end up with the sun or the moon I figure I did pretty good. :grin:
Robby

:grin: Hi gentle men it has been a couple years
since i posted last but this year we hope have
a great 10 day deer camp. show my grandson a few
more tricks and enjoy the time with friends and
family. and get some meat for the winter.

Dan-L

my goal for this year is more pheasants in the freezer after falling to either the sxs percussion or the flintlock 20ga.

As soon as I enter the woods with my flintlock in my hands I've already had a great season. Got my first doe last year so hope to get a buck this time round. Either way, deer or no deer, I'm going to enjoy myself. May even buy up some period clothing, that should scare off some of the competition. :rotf:

I would like a couple of squirrel kills with one of my A5's but muzzleloader-wise, if I just get afield with this new .54 that's coming, I'll be pretty happy. I haven't deer hunted since 2007, so I'm rather limited in places to go and I don't have a tree stand....plus this new gun being flintlock if I just get it to the range a bit and get it to go off that will be something.

Greg

I'll be taking the .50 T/C Greyhawk on its maiden voyage for this year's late season. This will be my first deer season with a caplock (after 26 years during shotgun season & 30+ hand-gunned deer).

Take my .25 flint out and get some tree rats and maybe a bunny or two. A bonus turkey would be great! A nice buck would be great with my .50 flint but a doe would be fine. They eat just as well and are sometimes the smarter of the two.

Put in for the Chincoteague NWR Sika hunt again this year and hope to use my flint if I get drawn.

Hope to take first deer buck or doe with either my 54.deerstalker or 50 GPR flinter. After opening week of deer season will only hunt with blackpowder. also dont get to see my eldest son much, divorce seperated us just when getting into hunting and outdoors. he is 28 now, main goal this year is to get together and begin a new tradition of blackpowder hunting and period camping during late january special blackpowder season in angelina Natl. forest. Hope to continue tradition thru the years to include grandson when he is older. i quit trying for quanity of time together in this crazy world and now seek memorable times spent together. God bless everyone here and good and safe hunting to you all :hatsoff:

i wish i had seen this thread earlier.

my goal was to try my hand at hunting for the first time. not onley did i achieve this but i also landed a large white tail buck (4x4 115 pounds field dressed) with a round ball outa my 50 cal pedersoli long rifle. :grin:

Matt85 said:
i wish i had seen this thread earlier.

my goal was to try my hand at hunting for the first time. not onley did i achieve this but i also landed a large white tail buck (4x4 115 pounds field dressed) with a round ball outa my 50 cal pedersoli long rifle. :grin:
:hatsoff:

Back