• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone apply for or get tag draws yet?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 tags coming, one Regular season and one Muzzleloader season. We should be getting them in the mail before too long. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I know a lot of people in that neck of the woods, and there are a couple of rancher's pretty interested in seeing a bull go down in a cloud of white smoke. Hopefully, it will work out.

The permit is a tough draw since it is for our general rifle season and bulls up there average well above 350" with 400" plus hogs not being that uncommon.

wirehairman said:
Thanks. I know a lot of people in that neck of the woods, and there are a couple of rancher's pretty interested in seeing a bull go down in a cloud of white smoke. Hopefully, it will work out.

The permit is a tough draw since it is for our general rifle season and bulls up there average well above 350" with 400" plus hogs not being that uncommon.

Wow, I went back and reread my post this morning and finally realized how excited I am. :haha:

400 class elk "not being that uncommon" might be stretching it a bit. However, I would argue that 400 class elk are significantly more common in the Breaks than any other area of the state.

I drew a cow elk tag for December. It's "any weapon" so you know what that means... Muzzy time!

I'm debating buying an over the counter elk tag, just can't decideon Archery or ML. :hmm: I know what the consensus here will be, but I do love chasing them with a bow. Hard choice. :shake:

Goldhunter said:
I drew a cow elk tag for December. It's "any weapon" so you know what that means... Muzzy time!

I'm debating buying an over the counter elk tag, just can't decideon Archery or ML. :hmm: I know what the consensus here will be, but I do love chasing them with a bow. Hard choice. :shake:

Is your bow season right to bugle em in? THAT is FUN!!!

NO. That Bow hunt ends right at the begining of the rut. The Limited Entry rifle hunters get the rut! The LE ML get the tail end. But those that aren't lucky enough, miss it. Something that has ****** off Archery and ML hunters here for a long time.

I put in for elk, deer, antelope and javelina here in NM. I put in all three choices on each form. I chose all muzzleloader hunts.

I drew a three day antelop hunt in a great area but, when I checked the dates against my day planner I was heart broken.

Several of my fellow veterans in my Elk's Lodge (none of us are getting any younger!) have been planning a trip to the Trinity Sight (that's where the first nuclear bomb was tested) at White Sands Missile Range for over a year. The sight is only open to the public two days a year.

Just my luck, the hunt I drew is the same weekend! Oh Well, I guess I just donated my money to the G&F again. They took my application fees last year and I didnt draw squat!

God willing, there's always next year.

In PA, bear, buck and turkey are over the counter, as well as being able to use your buck tag for a doe in the late flintlock season. I also just sent in my application for a seperate doe tag in my home WMU (wildlife management unit). Second round doe tags can be applied for in a little over 2 weeks. I hope to get another for a neighboring WMU then and possible a special deer management doe tag for a local state park that always has too many deer for the habitat.

My main objective this season is to get my son lined up on a nice deer with his flinter. He had a nice shot last year on a really foggy day and all he got was "click"! It was nearly impossible that day to keep the prime dry it was so foggy and damp.

Got my Muzzleloader permit in the mail, yesterday. My brother-in-law did too. I'm still waiting on my regular season permit.

Back