• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone apply for or get tag draws yet?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben Gone For A Day Or Two I Put In For
Northeast Trask And The North Muzzleloader
Good Hunts If You Can Draw
-------------------
Dan-L

Are these "one Elk" hunts now or cow tags, a lot of the ML Elk hunts were cow only on the west side, I drew one ten years ago west of Yamhill( I don't recall the hunt #) and it was cow only and when I finaly got on a small heard, I had a 4x5 walk by with in 30 yds the cows and calves dropped off the bank and walked along an old road below and beyond him..I worked them a couple of more days but never got a shot that year.I looked at it as catch and release because he was mine if I could have shot.

tg said:
Are these "one Elk" hunts now or cow tags, a lot of the ML Elk hunts were cow only on the west side, I drew one ten years ago west of Yamhill( I don't recall the hunt #) and it was cow only and when I finaly got on a small heard, I had a 4x5 walk by with in 30 yds the cows and calves dropped off the bank and walked along an old road below and beyond him..I worked them a couple of more days but never got a shot that year.I looked at it as catch and release because he was mine if I could have shot.

At The Present Time It's one Elk. Had The Tag
Last Year But The Snow Was So Deep Only Got
Into The Hunt Unit 2 Times And Never Saw Any Elk
But Had Fun Trying. Just Good To Get Out There.
-----------------------------------
Dan-L

Illinois deer permits are still "pending". Both ML and firearm. I just checked the online inquiry system.

Hoping to get drawn for some pronghorn tags to take my son on his first trip out west. Shoot, it is only my 2nd out west to hunt!

Good luck
Wess

jethro224 said:
Illinois deer permits are still "pending". Both ML and firearm. I just checked the online inquiry system.

I checked mine Thursday night and it said my application didn't exist.
Checked this morning and they are received and pending. One each for ML and firearm. They usually mail them out in mid-July. :thumbsup:
I kept missing checking it before 10pm. They shut it off then.
:shake:

Yup,
Put in for Muzzleloader over here, got to looking at my receipt and noticed that the moron at Bi-Mart put my first choice down as a centerfire hunt, so instead of having the oppurtunity to hunt in an area with only 138 tags I may get stuck in an area with over 3000 tags. :cursing:

If I draw, we probably wont go out. :(

Ouch! that stinks,hope your season goes well when whatever you have to do happens.I put in for a hair tag in the Valley here that runs for 6 months, it takes about 5 minutes to get to a place I can shoot/hunt outside of town,if I draw that tag I think I can leave a trail of apple chunks from my house to the farm and hopefully one of the 7 or 8 that bed down behind my house in town will follow me to a leagal shooting area, or maybe I can train them to like the sound of a flute and try the Pied Piper routine.

tg said:
Ouch! that stinks,hope your season goes well when whatever you have to do happens.I put in for a hair tag in the Valley here that runs for 6 months, it takes about 5 minutes to get to a place I can shoot/hunt outside of town,if I draw that tag I think I can leave a trail of apple chunks from my house to the farm and hopefully one of the 7 or 8 that bed down behind my house in town will follow me to a leagal shooting area, or maybe I can train them to like the sound of a flute and try the Pied Piper routine.

:haha: :haha: :haha: LOVE to see it!!

This is the first time I have ever put in for a Quota hunt. I put in with two buddies as a group. We put in for muzzleloader and for regular gun seasons. We also put in for the antlerless permits. In 10 days we should know something. Someone burn some powder for me as a good luck wish!

I made the June 2nd deadline for the ML deer hunt drawing. Don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting drawn though. :hmm: GW

No ML tag, no controlled hunt tag, bad year for the draw....guess I will be giving the guys in regular season something to think about when they seem me out and about this fall.

Now that just plain SUCKS.

seems every boy howdy with the "if it flys it dies" attitude gets drawn. and then they give away the sausage.

Ifn anyone around here should get a ML tag, it should have been you Gene.

This is only the second time in many years I have have not drawn either a ML tag or a controlled hunt tag so I have done well, I will still take the Fusil out in regular season and have a go at it, I kind of get a kick out of the looks on peoples faces when I step out of the woods, particularly the kids that are just along for the ride, most will stop and ask questions which is a good way to spread the seed.

Elk permits out here have gotten too expensive for this poor boy. It's become a money makin' game for the Game and Fish. I did put in for ML deer but results won't be out til mid Aug. A real shame when a guy can't afford to go huntin' because they can make more money selling the permits to out-of-staters. :bull: :youcrazy: :shake:

Back