• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone apply for or get tag draws yet?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drew cow elk for first regular rifle elk (elk only season). Grandson drew for same season but got either sex.

Deer is archery season unit 18 (181, 28, 37 & 371). Usually hunt 28. Got regular rifle buck antelope for 7.

I'll do all rifle hunts with ml gun and like TG I always get a kick out of the looks from the "modern" hunters. Never see any of those in-line guys packing their ml guns during regular rifle season :)

Now waiting to pick over the left over licenses in August!

Oregon results are available online. Drew a centerfire mule deer tag but got nothing in the muzzleloader elk draw I put in for.

Up here in Alberta Canada I put in for Moose Elk and Mule deer Buck. Should find out by middle of July.

Got it! ML Whitetails in NE Oregon. Hope I can afford the gas to get there :hmm: .

Draw Results for License # 08-00186204-6

Congratulations, you were successful in the Controlled Hunt Drawing.

UNION CO MUZ (#153M )...
Season Date: Nov 17, 2008- Nov 30, 2008

marmotslayer said:

Deer is archery season unit 18 (181, 28, 37 & 371). Usually hunt 28. Got regular rifle buck antelope for 7.

Now waiting to pick over the left over licenses in August!

i hunt 18 and got me either sex on elk and ml deer. went there on saturday, seen a lot of elk, if dog was not with me would have spit on them, seen two moose cows in very close proximity, and bull and cow (moose) mile away, young brown black bear, big marten, flyfisherman, and approx 40 does. went back through parshall and kremmling, saw a bad accident east of the green mntn res and about 10 dead deer alongside hwy 9 btwn kremmling and dillon. a lot of game now, i hope it stays good for another 3 mnths.
frient went after elk over ute pass, didn't see anything all day.

Well the Results For My ML Tags Was We R Sorry
But But You Were Unsucessful So It Look's Like
I Get To Hunt With The Crazy Folk This Year.
But I Will Still Use The Cap And Ball ML.
-----------------------
Dan-L

We have usually hunted over ute in the Williams Fork valley both up and down valley from Henderson mill. Deer have been plentiful there and are pretty much a gimme but elk are another story. Takes a whole lot of uphill on foot to get to the elk. We've seen them rarely in the valley when pressure is pushing them from one side to the other. Too many roads on the east side and even more with beetle kill thinning going on! Hope what your friends saw is not indicative for the season. :( If there are any statewide cow ml cow tags left over I plan to grab one up. My rifle season tag is an "additional". Or, maybe just go bow for the elk since it's bow for deer this year.

The moose are absolute pests around our camp in September with so many bullwinkle wanna be suitors following the cows around. One little bull pee'd on our camp chairs around the fire pit.

This is my favorite time of year; planning and scheming for the hunts and practicing with bow and gun!! :)

Good luck to you on your hunt. Looks like your area is shaping up pretty good!

"Well the Results For My ML Tags Was We R Sorry
I Get To Hunt With The Crazy Folk This Year."

That's OK Dan....we can get together up on the headwaters of the Nestucca and surround all them crazies on opening day and make a lot of smoke and whoop and holler and send them down the mountain with the taste of pure fear on their tongues, that ought to clear the woods for a few days so we can get some serious hunting done..

and congrats to all who have drawn a tag.

My daughter and I both applied for a 2nd doe tag in the NE part of our state. We'll be meat hunting this year. The deadline is the 18th.

laufer said:
good deal, where? i am in 18 fior ml and 4th.

Hay buddy,
wife and I are hunting elk unit 55 and doe unit 43
no deer dags for 55,54 and 551 because of 50 percent winter kill.
:thumbsup:

I drew SW Cascades for Elk and Applegate for Deer.
Both are hair tags. Both open the same day :( . It's the first time in 4 years being successful. We'll hunt elk the first week and deer the last two weeks. When it rains it pours!

tg said:
"Well the Results For My ML Tags Was We R Sorry
I Get To Hunt With The Crazy Folk This Year."

That's OK Dan....we can get together up on the headwaters of the Nestucca and surround all them crazies on opening day and make a lot of smoke and whoop and holler and send them down the mountain with the taste of pure fear on their tongues, that ought to clear the woods for a few days so we can get some serious hunting done..

and congrats to all who have drawn a tag.
Yea That Sounds Good We Could Get All The Local
Smokepoler's And Woop & Holler And Call It The
Charge Of THE SMOKE BRIGADE
---------------------
Dan-L

Brought up the drawing results on the computer yesterday. NO GO. :cursing: The odds were slim for drawing this late season ML hunt but would have been great iffin I was drawn. I'll have to hunt the general season with everybody else. GW

My friend and I drew muzzleloader deer November 1st-14th. in the southern part of the state. I'm jazzed because the hunt only comes up for draw every 3 years and I didn't draw last time.
Idaho PRB

tg said:
The 15th of this month was the deadline to apply for the limited ML and additional deer/Elk tags in Oregon, we won't know for about a month whether succsesfull or not.

Wa. State finally got around and notified me that my daughter and I didn't draw a second doe tag. :( Maybe next year.

Got the quota permits in the mail this week! Man, October 25th seems so far away at times...

I checked the online inquiry a while ago. Found out for sure I get 4 deer tags. ML either-sex + antlerless-only and firearm either-sex + antlerless.
I'll be totin' the ML during regular firearm season too. :grin: Applying for both seasons gives me 10 total hunting days, + 3 more doe-only days in January to try and fill any unused tags.

Good luck out there this fall! :hatsoff:

Back