• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Aren't Ticks wonderful?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing to keep in mind is Lyme disease. I have spent ALOT of time in the woods my whole life and this past summer I wound up with Lyme disease for the first time. Let me tell you my friends,it is MISERABLE!! I had a fever of 101 - 103 for 2 days straight and on the 3rd. day my knees,elbows,ankles,and wrists started swelling and getting stiffer by the hour. When I woke up on the 4th. day I could hardly walk,not because it was painful but because I physically COULD NOT bend my knees. My case got so bad because they mis-diagnosed me as having the flu the first time I went to the doctor and I thought they knew what they were talking about. It wasn't until the swelling started on the third day that I went to a different doctor and found out what it really was. It took the anti-biotics about 5 days to start working,so I missed a week from work. Really,it took almost 2 weeks for the stiffness in my joints to completely go away.Just something to keep in mind in your travels gents. Keep them ticks off!!

I just got a tick off my arm a while ago, and got one off my back yesterday. And I wasn't exactly out climbing trees or rolling in the grass. Just walking around in the back lot at work looking at trees and plants and stuff. I think they parachute out of trees and land on you.

Last year I went down to Southern Ohio in the early part of May..I picked no less than 60 ticks of me while scouting out my hunting spot. THIS year I went back down..armed with rubber boots and EcoSmart Insect repellent(all natural). I sprayed my clothes and boots with the stuff and I had only one tick dare to get on me.I watched him and he seemed to grow sluggish and fall off my pant leg. I was very skeptical of the EcoSmart stuff..but it seemed to do it's job. I'm sure the knee high rubber boots helped as well.
I got the idea of rubber boots last year, my buddy who went with me scouting wore the rubber boots, while I wore my Wolverine workboots. I picked 60 off me throughout the day, he picked 5 off him. They seem to have issues climbing up the rubber knee high boots.. I try and go all natural with pesticides when possible,never know whats in em and the long term effects they may have on a persons body, whether inhaled or absorbed through the skin.
Just my 2 cents

I usually don't have too big a problem with ticks, even when they're thick. Mosquitos, on the other hand...

What is so incredible is that so few doctors know much of anything about Lyme which is endemic, dangerous, growing like crazy and common. DUH! Hey, it's out there, physicians; start learning!

When I was a kid I was in the woods all summer and ticks were almost unheard of. Now they're everywhere. I spray my hunting clothes with Permethrin sprays and it works great. The only tick I've had so far was a gift from my dog. My better half was also gifted. But these two tiny, spoiled little guys sleep with us, so......

Back