• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back from N.C.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJR

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Finally got back from my work trip to N.C. about half an hour ago, been driving since 4:30 this morning. Went through some pretty country down there, one of these days I'm going to take some time by my self and go stomping through those hills and get lost for a while. While there I stumbled into one used gunshop in Goldsboro that was open late Saturday. Walked out with six front stuffers for under $500. Seems nobody down there shoots them and nobody wants them. Roundball, you're missing the boat by not checking over there from time to time. I'll post more on it later, I need a shower and sleep. Take care, Rick.

Naw...I'll have to wait a year or so now...sounds like you bought the place out !!

By what I understand there is plenty more in other shops down there. They were closed by the time I got a chance to go looking. This is a list of what I bought - a new (never been fired, no marks on the frizzen) Euroarms 1803 Harpers Ferry .54, $75.00; used T/C Hawken with a 100% Curly maple stock (think it's a Pecatonica replacement) and all brass highly engraved .50, $60.00; used custom Trade Gun .62, $75.00; used custom Tulle .62, $80.00; used Jimmy Klein .32 Peter Berry, $100.00; used Chambers .40 Pennsylvania, $100.00. All are in excellent shape and very well kept. The guy told me he got them in an estate of 117 long guns he bought for $30,000. He said he also got two engraved Charles Dalys, a LaFever and a .500 Nitro Double Rifle. I got the impression the guy didn't know muzzleloaders or their value but did know the others he got. He seemed happy as h*** to finally have sold these. He told me in conversation that traditional muzzleloaders do not sell over there, nobody wants them. He said the other pawn shops/used gun shops in the area have the same problems and suggested I stay till Monday and hit a few more, couldn't unfortunately. You might want to wander that way sometime, might be worth your while. I know I'm happy as all getout that I wandered in and am planning on another trip down there in a month or two, will take more money with me the next time and hit all the shops (good trade blanket material). Take care, Rick.

Deaddog: Yer a bringin tears ta ma eyes a talkin bout guns fer those prices an what with this har drout wee'r a havin the neighbors are eyen ma face like it's a gold mine an ole crazy Louie is a comin at me with a sponge!

At's what we call "a fallin in and coming our smellin of roses" an we ain't talkin bout fallin in no tank o rose water neither.

Glad ta hear someone's a gettin a good deal.

Everyone keeps asking me which one of my hand guns I held the guy up with.
grin.gif
This guy obviously didn't know what he had, only wanted to turn them for some money as they had been around for a while with nobody looking at them. I wasn't telling him any different, I even talked him down some on the prices he had on the tags. Take care, Rick.

Latest posts

Back