• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Beginning to lose my interest...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No typo at all...just flat out misspoke...I didn't vote for JFK, and didn't even realize I said I did...I became a huge fan of his during my teen years in the USAF as he was getting the space program going and now, decades later was thinking back about him in a positive way in that thread about voting for presidents...was trying to make the point over there that I had been a staunch GOP guy except for JFK...wasn't my intent to say I voted for him...intent was I totaled supported him although he was a Dem.
Like many others, I'll never forget where I was that day...walking back to my barracks from the dry cleaners with uniforms over my shoulder and a guy went running past "did you hear, Kennedy was just killed down in Dallas"...that happended nearly 45 years ago and its as fresh in my mind as if it happend yesterday

tg said:
"...I think the clothes are the way to go, it might open up a whole new dimension for you..."

Those were exactly my thoughts when I saw you in a loincloth and leggings...there are some dimensions that I don't care to have opened up
:rotf:

roundball said:
No typo at all...just flat out misspoke...I didn't vote for JFK, and didn't even realize I said I did...I became a huge fan of his during my teen years in the USAF as he was getting the space program going and now, decades later was thinking back about him in a positive way in that thread about voting for presidents...was trying to make the point over there that I had been a staunch GOP guy except for JFK...wasn't my intent to say I voted for him...intent was I totaled supported him although he was a Dem.
Like many others, I'll never forget where I was that day...walking back to my barracks from the dry cleaners with uniforms over my shoulder and a guy went running past "did you hear, Kennedy was just killed down in Dallas"...that happended nearly 45 years ago and its as fresh in my mind as if it happend yesterday
Was Kennedy really Banging Marilyn Monroe?She was some Hot!!! :shocked2:

That's all come out long after his death of course...I don't know if it's true or not, but after countless years of stories about it I guess it probably is...

I got nothing against it personally.If he was I'd say Good for him.Someone obviously didn't like him.I wasen't around back then but I remember the my ol' man kept the Newspaper from that day home in his closet.I guess he kept up on that stuff seeing as how he was Born American.
How is you Giddeyup going?As far as the deer season is concerned?Me I fired up!!!and will remain that way untill I can hunt all day for 6 or 7 days!!!!I still got over 6 weeks till I can go Deer hunting but the Moose season is in 3 weeks and I'm going with a buddy!!! :thumbsup:

2nd & 3rd weeks of November, sunup to sundown.
That's the front half of the main rut here when the bucks are cruising for does and better than normal chances of seeing a good one during daylight hours...prettiest fall woods colors then too...your leaves are all gone by then I'm sure...trying to decide what caliber to hunt with this fall.

Good luck with the moose
:thumbsup:

We usually get some snow by the 3rd week of November but it don't stay.Last year on the 10 I shot my Buck in a Wet Snowstorm,1 o'clock in the afternoon.
As for calibers...I always wanted to shoot one with a large Caliber...like 75 or bigger....It aint looking like I'll be buying one anytime soon though,I'm trying to be stingy with my $$$ lately...you know save for that rainy day thing.I think this year I'm going to really put some effort into a Flintlock kill.

Roundball,I still have the "want to", But it does seem that it is not as much fun as it once was.I have taken several deer over the years,But never got the drop on the big one. :( I have seen a few good scorable bucks in my time but they were usually just out of range or in the back of someones truck. :haha: I still like to go to the woods to see the sights & hear the sounds.Then sometimes I forget how much work it is to dress out & process a deer, and will shoot one. :grin: I have 3 Grandson's now who I hope will show some intrest in hunting when they get a little older & I hope I'm still around & able to go along and maybe show them a little of what I have learned over the years,at least maybe I can teach them how to enjoy the sights & sounds & to respect the land & the animals.

You should work up a load with paintballs. That way you can have the experience without the mess of the aftermath. :thumbsup:

:grin:
I swear I wish I COULD find a caliber size paint ball that would withstand ignition setback but break & splash when it hit a deer...THAT would be a hoot...deer hunting's catch/release/tag program without the catch & release part :grin:

Just imagine...a hunter is sitting overlooking a deer trail, and along comes this buck with a big hunter orange "splat" on his side...

I'm nowhere near as dedicated as I used to be. Several deer I've taken "coup" on by lining them up and just saying "bang" but not pulling the trigger. Especially the little buckeroos. A month after my dad died in 1995 I went out on opening day and had a six-point within 15 yards of me and did just that and then went home and put my hunting gear away. I just didn't have it in me to kill a deer that season.

Used to was I'd hunt long and hard. Most years two tags would be the best available and if I didn't fill them both I'd be put out.

Now I start a little later, might even come indoors for lunch (what a pansy) and pass on the bitter cold days or sleeting weather. I've taken deer at 15º below but I can't say the hunt up to the shot was all that fun.

April two years ago I finally bought my own piece of earth and have 20 mostly wooded acres. For only the third time in 26 years at that time I put up a treestand near the house (I'd just had arthroscopic knee surgery the month before) and, by gum, took a deer from there with a recurve and cedar arrows I'd fletched myself. It was a mere button, but that is probably the most satisfying deer I've ever harvested. First one on my own property.

I've never paid to hunt, or even hunted out of state. Don't imagine I'll ever go on a guided hunt. I enjoy the challange of figuring it out and patterning them and trying to think like a deer and outwit them myself. Or at least out wait them. ;-)

Now grouse hunting, that's a different story. I may or may not get a shot off but every grouse flush is a gift from God. When I deer hunt I don't move much at all but grouse hunting is a chance to see the woods and take in the sights.

Quail hunting over a good dog with a smokepole is a tonic for what ails ya too. Nothing on earth like watching a good dog down on point. Running around a smoke cloud to see if you dropped Bob White is a thrill too. If I kill three quail in a day I am happy, when I was eighteen I had to limit out or surrender my huevos at the door.Try my methods Roundball, take a good book and a nice seat to the woods and forget all about counting coup. A day in the woods away from my job, wife, phone, life is a good day indeed.

Actually, I'm surprised this hasn't been solved already! We have it here in N.Y. too.. :( but because modern medicine has advanced sooo far now we can narrow this down to just plain initials,,,(much like so many other "new" illnesses)... Simply put, it's "DHS" usually caused by either "over" success..or "no" success...or in my area... :( boredom.. Roundball, you simply have "Depressed Hunter Syndrome" It should clear up a bit in a while, probably on a cool,clear,fall morning....there may be a relapse now and then,,but when that Huntin Memory happens..you'll know you've beat it! GOOD LUCK! and remember you got people to feed..ENJOY IT! :thumbsup: :wink:

Just knowin' I've been catagorized, I feel better already :thumbsup:

When you started your post I thought you were gonna say I was sufferin from CRS...that stands for......

well, never mind, I forgot

roundball said:
Just knowin' I've been catagorized, I feel better
:shocked2: Nope Sorry! you gotta see a different doctor fer that! :shocked2:..........(pretty sure it'll hurt too! owie!)

At 76 it ain't what it used to be but still go deer hunting w/ my son and grandson who do all the guttin' and a draggin' chores. Five years ago my buddy of 64 years decided to hang it up and I was thinking of doing the same but my son decided to hunt w/ me, and last year we shot 5 by Sunday AM. When my Dad was able to hunt 15 yrs ago, we had an 11 man deer camp and having 11 "chiefs" together in a small crowded shack was something to behold. My Dad who was a police capt. at the time enforced the law and order and everything went smoothly. Those 20 years have fond memories for me and all those involved. Thought these later years wouldn't be as good but hunting now w/ my "two partners" has invigorated me to the point that there's still some excitement in these old bones....Fred

Latest posts

Back