• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bigger Size Roundballs?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poor Private

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I am in search of balls bigger than .457. The chambers on my 2nd model Dragoon mic out to .457. When I ram a ball home they seem kinda loose. I get no ring of lead whatsoever. I am worried about a chain fire or creep of the balls in the adjacent chambers when fired. Or is there another solution? Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if it would work, but maybe you could get hold of some dental x-ray lead foil, and see if you could wrap the ball like a patch. Or place the foil over the chamber mouth and press the ball down. You can probably get the foil for free if you asked a dentist. :idunno:

Why not buy some .490" Balls, and use them? Other than that, you would need to order a special mold in something like .460 or .465" from Tanner or others.

paulvallandigham said:
Why not buy some .490" Balls, and use them? Other than that, you would need to order a special mold in something like .460 or .465" from Tanner or others.

Btdt,,,wont work,,,ya need a special mold.

Maybe Eddie May has some .460's, Someone here is bound to know his address and phone number. I hear he does'nt do the intenet thing. Ask, PT, Roundball he has gotten some round balls from Eddie.

armakiller said:
Maybe Eddie May has some .460's, Someone here is bound to know his address and phone number. I hear he does'nt do the intenet thing. Ask, PT, Roundball he has gotten some round balls from Eddie.

706 581 8225

Back