• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Biggest Game You've Taken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be frank with you, the 3 I've killed (1 with longbow and 2 with muzzleloader) were very, VERY anticlimactic. I prefer the adrenaline rush of deer hunting.
Surely that would depend on the hunt. I’d love to stalk a bear from the ground with a flintlock. To be honest even a centrefire would be fun doing it that way…but not as much.

Deer here. Although did shoot a ground hog with the 32 it was pretty close range maybe 15 feet just walking along and there it was, I was between him and his hole, snapshot just winged him didn't have time to re-load and wasn't going to risk breaking a stock, and the fight was on, thank God I had on a good pair of leather boots. I eventually won but let tell ya a wounded groundhog isn't nothing to mess with. 😉

Surely that would depend on the hunt. I’d love to stalk a bear from the ground with a flintlock. To be honest even a centrefire would be fun doing it that way…but not as much.
They were over 55 gal drums of bait in thick impenetrable thickets. No stalking possible. Tracking after the shot was difficult.

Back