• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BLOWN OUT PATCH'S

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my early years learning curve , I was shooting scratch built rifle w/ a round bottom groove Getz barrel in .50 cal. .In the early 1970's I was on my own as far as experience with almost no help when I got stuck w/a problem. I had some patch cutting issues , but was told to shoot the barrel and it would fix itself. Magically , at about 100 balls through the barrel , the barrel "broke in". Groups tightened up , and no cut patches. Wish I would have known to steel wool the bore to quicken the brakein time. I now steel wool all the barrels I use.

A many year ago I bought a TC rifle and was just learning when I had a break-in and they got my TC rifle. Took me a long time to get back in to ML rifles but do not remember all the work and experimenting on getting one of these rascals to shoot straight. Maybe that is what makes this sport so addicting.

Latest posts

Back