• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What happened to TOW’s gun kits!?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Pecatonica supplied wood to some. I have always had good luck with Pecatonica. Always.
I call them abd they tell me right then what I need is in stock and what is not. But they have generally always had what I needed.
Give them a call

My first two builds were "kits" that I put together with a stock blank that had the barrel inlet and ramrod hole drilled. I bought all of the other parts wherever I could find them. No flaws in my stock shaping when I got done, I could even add the correct cast off and drop in the stock to fit me perfectly. I have only bought 2 pre-carve stocks, both were flawed.

It could be that TOW is having a hard time getting enough parts for kits that aren't flawed and were getting some kits back because of this.

My last was a secondhand TOW kit, if I had bought it from TOW it would have gone back the day I opened the box.

In my
It could be that TOW is having a hard time getting enough parts for kits that aren't flawed and were getting some kits back because of this.

My last was a secondhand TOW kit, if I had bought it from TOW it would have gone back the day I opened the box.
In my make believe world, TOW is just busy searching for new sources to supply kits that actually resemble historical examples. 😂

I was on their Site yesterday looking at barrels & flints. Choices on barrels of my choice have been out of stock for several years now. I saw they offered the English black in purchase of a dz. I refuse to buy them from them anymore because 9-10 of the dz. are humped. Looking at the Amber flints, selling only at single inflated price. Went to Pecatonica & they seem to relish never up dating their price list. when i call & ask on prices i get different quotes for same item. I am done with that type of business.
Try Stonewall Creek Outfitters for flints. Good people.

I got the stock for my .32 caliber from Pecatonica River. The wood is beautiful, but they did a not so great job drilling the ramrod channel. It veered left into the lock mortise. I've heard of several people who had this same problem with their stocks. Not a game changer just a PIA to fix.

Now this was a few years ago that I built this gun so hopefully they've cleared that issue up. Would I buy from them again, yes I wood.... get it.

Back