• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Breech plug?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
install, dry or lubed? Not thinking it will be coming back out any time soon. Oil or anti seize?
Got a new plug and the plan is to remove the old one, hone the bore to "smooth" it out best possible and re install the new plug.
Sure beats what it is now. ;)

The best I have found is what I use it on my tractor turnbuckles, they sit out in the weather year-round and are just as free a year later as when I brushed anti-seize on the threads. You can't wash this stuff off.

anti sieze.jpg

The best I have found is what I use it on my tractor turnbuckles, they sit out in the weather year-round and are just as free a year later as when I brushed anti-seize on the threads. You can't wash this stuff off.

View attachment 277173
this and the copper version are great products but for my muzzle loaders i use gorilla breech plug lube picked up a tin of it years ago about the size of a cap tin it's enough to last a lifetime. I use it on even the nipple and the cleanout screw

Latest posts

Back