• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying a used smoothie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there any place out there in the ML world where a guy can buy a used smoothie? I have an unfired Harpers Ferry that has really shallow rifleing but I still dont think it will shoot shot well?
Thanks
Nathan

Depending on your price range, they can be found anywhere from pawn shops to Track of the Wolf.[url] Auctionarms.com[/url] and[url] Gunbroker.com[/url] are a couple of gun auction websites that may have what you're looking for. Don't rule out having one made for you. They can be more affordable than people think especially if you have it made "in the white".

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not picky at this point. I would prefer a .54/28g-.62/20g but I'm not that picky just want one to try. Let me know what ya got or where to find it.
Thanks
Nathan

im haveing one built by sitting fox and the finisheprice is not a lot more than a in-the white gun cost it an early english fowler in .28guage with walnut and oct to rnd doubel wedding band bbl 42" with iorn furniture :thumbsup:

They show up quite often here:
[url] http://www.historicaltrekking.com/blanket.shtml[/url]

In fact, there's a couple on there now....

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late, we've already worked a deal on one of my nice Jackie Browns. I'm sure he'll be more then happy with it. I know I liked it but just couldn't justify having two smoothbores when I've got other things that need paid off/taken care of.
Trust me Nathan, the gun you're getting is a VERY nice smoothbore. :thumbsup:

Back