• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

C.S. Richmond Rifled Musket?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked this up a few days ago for what I thought a reasonable price. I started down the path thinking 1855 Springfield replica but it has no Maynard system. I dug a bit further and I'm thinking it's a replica of the C.S. Richmond except it has a patch box. There is no maker stamped on the gun, maybe defarbed? It appears the front sight has been professional replaced with a higher blade. The bore looks really good. I haven't shot her yet but the fellow I bought it from claims it shoot a bit to the right.

What do you think? Do I have it identified correctly?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241016_174335_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20241016_174335_Gallery.jpg
    412.8 KB
Back