• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabin Fever!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where in the rules does it say that it has to be cold enough to freeze the brass balls off of an iron monkey to shoot muzzleloaders?? :idunno: :rotf:

capt_turk said:
Where in the rules does it say that it has to be cold enough to freeze the brass balls off of an iron monkey to shoot muzzleloaders?? :idunno: :rotf:

It's on page 5 under Manhood.

Never read that book. Spend a week, or more, in the North Sea, with 50 foot seas and 100 mph winds, with 20 below temps, working, and you wouldn't be questioning anyones manhood...or toughness.

I shoot for pleasure. I work in those kinds of conditions for money. I get paid VERY well to do it. Nobody pays me a cent for shooting muzzle loaders, and I absolutely detest cold weather.

I had a freshly mustered out marine that told me he was going back into the Marine Corp. with the sissies, cause he wasn't tough enough to be a seaman.. :rotf: :rotf:

I'll take red.... it will match my nose when I get off of the boat.... Jack Daniels, here I come!! :thumbsup:

ok will you buy all that I have at asking price. Then when summer come around I can start all over again :grin:

WALKERs210 said:
ok will you buy all that I have at asking price. Then when summer come around I can start all over again :grin:

Then I have to buy all that again next winter?

It would be better for me to buy you a coat and gloves. :idunno:

21 deg. here in Ohio. Plowed snow with the tractor here this morning. I came in for coffee and to warm up a little. I read your post and decided it was to nice of a day to be inside. I shot 20 rounds with my .45 cal TC to check the sights. Then I shot 25 rounds with my .45 cal FIE just for fun. I just got in from cleaning. The water was starting to freeze. That was the worst part. The rest was fun. Winter will be with us for 3 more months. No cabin fever here.

LOL yea that might be the best. When I was in my 20's I have put on diving gear and went down in water that was around 50deg. But then I was healthy and too young to know that was pushing it a bit. Even back in 2002 cold weather never bothered me at all. Just the last three years health has turned around and bit me, if temp drops below 70deg I am shaking. Went from 175 lbs to a whopping 113 lbs so I have no excess meat to keep warm. Just think I will keep my guns and in Alabama if you don't like the weather just wait a few hours it will change.

Cabin Fever? Ha! -50 Below last night, -40 now, -50 again tonight. 20x24 cabin, outhouse... At least I've discovered that roundballs actually shrink at this temp. Not bragging. Just complaining. :surrender:

akhawkeye said:
Cabin Fever? Ha! -50 Below last night, -40 now, -50 again tonight. 20x24 cabin, outhouse... At least I've discovered that roundballs actually shrink at this temp. Not bragging. Just complaining. :surrender:

Shrunk balls is not good.

Already out lived what the doctor thought. He had more or less given up on me back in 2007. Fooled him didn't I.

WALKERs210 said:
Already out lived what the doctor thought. He had more or less given up on me back in 2007. Fooled him didn't I.

Hang in there buddy.

I'll say a prayer.

Yeah, that 'what-is-it thang' I found laying on the side of the road.... some one had tossed it.

Back