• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Carolina Gun / Iron mounted

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start inletting S.P. ....when you trace the S.P. make sure the bolts and lock are installed and tight before you trace it .....get to it

Attachments

• IMG_20230730_123104.jpg
    IMG_20230730_123104.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Amazing, you seemingly did that in the amount of time it took me to run to the store for a bag of ice and make a Greek salad for diner.
Okay I'll admit there's quite a bit of chopping involved in the salad but, man, you are moving right along.
Fine work indeed sir.

Amazing, you seemingly did that in the amount of time it took me to run to the store for a bag of ice and make a Greek salad for diner.
Okay I'll admit there's quite a bit of chopping involved in the salad but, man, you are moving right along.
Fine work indeed sir.
LMAO !! Why thank you bud ....and I was being LAZY !! I stopped for two rock in chair breaks on the porch , no lie ! :D

Rob, that is beautiful. You are a master. I wished I lived close enough to come and watch you build, and shoot trade guns with you

Rob, that is beautiful. You are a master. I wished I lived close enough to come and watch you build, and shoot trade guns with you.
Thanks bud . Yer ever in the area , S. Ohio , stop on by. Watchin me work probably would rattle me a bit but shootin flintlocks and rock in on the porch is always good ! :)

Attachments

• Photo_20230610080025.jpg
    Photo_20230610080025.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oh boy ! That bore scares me ! The barrel length of this build is 48" . I build a good many short ones too though . The HBCo made their barrel lengths ... 30" , 36" , 42" and 48 " . I make a bunch of 26" barrel length NW guns but thats just because thats the length of the antique barrels blanks I buy . Best of luck !
Hey Rob, if your busy schedule allows could you give me the barrel length on this lil' beauty?
https://cdn2.imagearchive.com/muzzleloadingforum/data/attach/240/240616-FB-IMG-1683163652432.jpgI picked up a half stock trade gun awhile back and it has a weird ring and some pitting about 10 inches down the barrel.
This looks like an option .

pic of the ring

I wish I lived close enough to have Rob look over my shoulder while I build a trade gun.
Buy ya the 1991 VDO of Hershel House build a Kentucky rifle , the Bill Newton NW gun build manual , free from me , and when ever you get in a bind holler at me .

Back