• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Carrying a pistol while hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is legal in NYS to carry a pistol, or handgun during ML season but it must load through the muzzle. I carry a Lyman 50 cal and I love it. I haven't really used it {yet} but I have walked up to my downed deer with it cocked and ready looking for twitch but have yet to need it or use it. I suppose it is just another thing to carry but I don't mind and perhaps one of these days it'll bag my deer. I shoot it regularly in the summer and would not hestitate to use it on a close shot

In Georgia, I usually carry a cap n ball revolver in 44 cal. along with the long gun. Balances out well, and I have a few extra shots if I get in trouble.

Trouble would be a ****** off hog, bear, or wild dogs.

Back