• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cleanin patches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use scrap natural fiber fabic from my wife's sewing projects. My cleaning kit is pretty much period with the exception of the oil I use. I don't clean and oil my musket everyday so I use a modern oil since I know it won't gum up like a sweet oil might.
The full cleaning kit consists of patches, a small bag of tow, some string, a worm that threads onto my ramrod, a small can of oil, some brick dust, and a small piece of leather that I use with the brick dust and oil for polishing. I also keep a few hawthorn needles in there since they make great touch hole plugs.

Back