• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaning at the range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fleener said:
A buddy recently turned me on to using disinfectant wipes for cleaning. They work like magic.

I simply cut a piece for using on the jag and it cleans like nothing I have ever used.

Fleener
Now I know where I draw the line........ :haha:

Diapers don't burn....bet they'd make good wadding... :wink:

I tried some hand sanitize on a cleaning patch and I was surprised how well it cleaned. :thumbsup:

Heck Smo....you're talking 'bout Alky-hol and water.
I'm not surprised that cleaned well. Once I get home, maybe I'll dip a patch or two in my tumbler of Glenmorangie/ice and see how it works.
:hmm: :hmm:
Kinda expensive though, on second thought. :youcrazy:
:grin: :grin:

I just noticed how well it cleaned the powder residue off my hands and used a little to clean the barrel around the touch hole & lock. Ofcourse the next thing was a saturated patch down the bore.

What ApprenticeBuilder said. By using a liquid lube - Hoppes BP Lube for me - and a snug, slightly tight patch/ball combo no wiping the bore will be needed until after all the shooting for the day is over. At the range I "pre-clean" by damp patching then dry patching the bore. Back at home I remove the lock (never a pinned barrel) and detail clean.

Back