• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Come all ye faithful....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longshot47

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Step in boys and rest your sights on a Dave Motto, Berks county newborn.
A shimmel-spirited dream piece [old, but new], dressed out in a swamped 44"/.54 Rice barrel and a refined Siler lock. The workings are tight set in a traditionally finished maple stock -of uncommon character, with brass mounts, sterling inlays and a tasty measure of Leonard Reedy accents.
Sure in hand, it shoulders like meat-to-bone, hangs on target with a mind of it's own and bangs like a Bethlehem trip-hammer. I can't set it down!

img_0473.jpg

img_0471.jpg

img_0460.jpg

img_0458.jpg

img_0455.jpg

Longshot47,
BEAUTIFUL F/L! The wood looks
outstanding!
I'm sure you will have many happy days
with it. :thanks: for sharing the pics.
snake-eyes :applause:

I have a Motto gun as well. In my case, a .50 cal Lancaster with a 42" swamped barrel. The man does good work....

Rifle_Lancaster_784_front.jpg

Rifle_Lancaster_784_lock.jpg

Congrats! Thats quite a looker, belongs on only the mantal of he who dreamt it up. No doubt you'll be shootin' the moon with that mighty flintlock. Motto must be a great man, wish I coulda ventured into his territory with ya (I have a pretty good feeling that the faithfully devoted would be in awe of the whole experience) Now, the real question, what's next?

What a beautiful rifle you have there. The words, clean elegant sophistication come to mind. Kudos to you and the builder. :front:

I'll trade you my GPR for it... No?

Absolutely beautiful! :thumbsup:

Jeff

Absolutely drop-dead dazzling, Longshot. By gosh, the deer in my woods would be lining up just for the priviledge of being shot by such a fine rifle!

When you get a chance, show us some of the groups she'll shoot.

:thanks: for showing us this fine rifle.

Rocky Point Jack

My thanks to you all for the encouraging comments.
Without question, this Forum applied grease to the skids of this acquisition; both by fanning the flame of interest, and moreso, by the open exchange of knowledge and experience which helped me to focus and articulate that interest.
Beyond that, of course, all rests with the skill and artistry Dave brought to the bench.

NHshooter/stain: Aqua fortis homebrew, heat and rubbed linseed oil [still in process]

FlaFlinter/Horn: Thanks! It, as well as a number of others, is a product of my imaginings, made in anticipation of the rifle.

............Longshot
:hatsoff:

Back