• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

couple of questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownie

36 Cl.
Reaction score
If you were to precut your patches square or round what size would the be for a 32,45,50 caliber. Also, where can I get some sort of nipple cover for while I am walking.

I have an old arch punch that cuts 1 1/8" patches that I use for all of the calibers you have listed. As far as a nipple cover, I just drill out a lead ball and slip it over cap and let the hammer rest on it while walking around.

I have an old arch punch that cuts 1 1/8" patches that I use for all of the calibers you have listed. As far as a nipple cover, I just drill out a lead ball and slip it over cap and let the hammer rest on it while walking around.
drill another hole and attach a thong tied to the trigger guard and it won't get lost in your pocket with the other balls.

If you were to precut your patches square or round what size would the be for a 32,45,50 caliber. Also, where can I get some sort of nipple cover for while I am walking.
It's the patch thickness that's the crucial factor more so than the size. Thickness is dependent on the projectile size versus the bore dimension. These factors vary even within a given caliber.

For covering the nipple while walking I use a spent .22 casing. An LR case works fine but I prefer a short. That was a suggestion from another member a couple years ago I tried and it worked. Can't remember who it was or I'd give them credit for it.

Back