• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crazy deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMillet

36 Cal.
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me where one finds deer....

Here's a picture taken around 8:00 AM last Friday morning from my front door.

deer.jpg

And here is the context of the picture.

Deerview.jpg

Dick

Shame you can't get those areal photos of deel locations when you out hunting... :D

The deer were at your door, mocking and taunting you, they know their safe, for a few months... :winking:

Is that the Northway in the second pic?

Whatever road it is good thing the deer is in front of yer house and not on that highway. :shake:

Totally unrelated but I graduated from Siena College back in 83. Nice to know that wild life still exists in that busy area.

Don

The highway at the top of the pic is alternate route 7. US 9 is to the left and the Northway would be about an inch to the left of that. It's a pretty built up area, about three miles north of Siena College as Don correctly identified. What I really wonder about is where those deer came from. The area next to the house is only about 5 acres, most of it baseball field. The only reasonably sized wooded areas are north of alternate 7 and west of the Northway. Even in the wee hours of the morning both of those roads are pretty busy.

Pretty exciting though when my 6 year old piped up in the morning with "Hey dad there's a deer on the front lawn."

Dick

Suburbs make for really good deer habitat. You'd probably be surprised where those deer spend most of their time.

OT, I used to live south of Albany, and occassionally I would go to Latham or pass thru on the Northway.

What Muskrat needs to do is get himself one of those deer catchers. They sort of look like a big arrow with a chain attached and a large ring on the end. Sneak up on the deer, stick the arrow part in thier behind, drop the ring over a fence post and wait for the season to open. ::

Bob,
I'm in Civil Engineering and we use aerials extensively, terraserver is good but try this version of terraserver

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.a...mp;ClickAt=?152,42

it is much better as all you have to do is enter the address. It has topo and aerials and sometimes urban photos as new as 2002 and you can zoom in much tighter than just plain terraserver. You can save the photos to you desktop as well. :peace:

It came from Google maps. Terraserver doesn't give as good a picture (at least for this image).

The closer the subdivisions get to my hunting grounds in Ky, the bigger the bucks are getting.... I think they eat our of their bird feeders at night. :D

Deer are simply amazing...and I am SO GLAD.

They are so tasty whether you shoot them in a 100acre woods or a 1 acre blowdown. :front:

Good luck!

I read an article , several years ago, of people living in subdivisions advertizing for bow hunters to thin out deer pop. They would let them "hunt" off of their roofs, even. They would even pay for permit cost.
I don't remember where it was at.

Back