• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cva thread size help ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wv_mingo327

36 Cl.
Reaction score
if i’m not posting on the right place i do apologize but was wondering if anyone may happen to know the thread size for the hammer screw on a cva mountain/frontier rifle the smaller style lock. ordered a replacement for a cva for a hawken and either it was listed wrong or the hawken’s screw for holding hammer on is slightly larger as is a traditions ( I can’t get the screw lose on the cva hawkin i have easily and don’t wanna snap it off trying to hard ) thought i would ask here as iv searched the internet without any luck finding the answer i’m completing a build on a frontier that uses the same lock as the mnt rifle and need that screw i also gotta come up with a main spring that has a slightly square instead of round pin that presses into lock plate as the plate im using isn’t round like my others but it is a cva lock plate. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Hawken has the bigger lock, taller stock, and a different trigger. Check out Deer Creek Products and they will have a section for Mountain rifle parts as well as the Frontier. And they will be priced right with reasonable and fast shipping.

Just for future reference the percussion rifle section would be a good place to ask for help for these kind of problems. Or flintlock rifle section, depending on your lock. Good luck with your quest.

Back